Welcome to Minetown!
To join our community, please login or register!
Internet Explorer
Internet Explorer is not supported. Please upgrade to a more modern browser.

[Enjin Archive] My Ban Apeal
Started by [E] flyboy5595

Well I was banned today with the Reason "Using Illegal Mods"

A little backstory: During the afternoon, I sent a message to Irethena, asking if using a mapping program like JourneyMap to make a street and building map of the minetown spawn area and market was illegal. JourneyMap has a feature that allows the mapping of the caves contained in a chunk, this feature can be turned off. I also asked if using this feature was illegal, the answer was yes. Someone named "Gangplank" messaged me saying I was whitelisted and that they could see if I was cheating. Before I could get his IGN, and reply, I was banned for cheating.

All I really wanted to do was make a map of the area, label it and send it to Sawine and maybe have it posted here for people to use with navigation of the city. I had no intentions of using it to cheat.

However, recently I also started using the Soartex texture pack, along with Optifine (a mod used to enable HD texture packs and extra visual settings). I downloaded an incompatible version of the mod that caused some areas to randomly become transparent, while others remained normal. I used this texture hole to find caves in my town (Zhutown) and explore them. I will admit that this was an extremely irresponsible action and that it could truthfully be related to xray cheating.

I still am not sure if I was banned for using the Chunk Map feature, or for using transparent error in Optifine. I sincerely hope that you will accept this appeal, taking into account that I have been a long time member in good standing. I have owned a successful town for quite a while now, and had plans to open a produce shop after I had finished the mapping project. This is my first offense and I never had any intentions to cheat or ruin my reputation as a member.
Quote:
/me is CT Scanning the Minetown World

Please explain this, not allowed to do this without permission from the server owner.
by CT Scanning, I was talking about the feature of JourneyMap that creates a map of both the surface, and the chunk underneath it. The feature will only show caves and air pockets, not individual blocks. I now realize that I probably needed permission which is why I asked Irethena only a few minutes after using it.
Even if someone were to accuse me of cheating, it wouldn't make much sense. I own a small town. I have several stacks of diamond blocks, so it's not like I was desperate for money. I was working on an automatic tower farm (to the left of the bank, big glass and wool tower), of which I would never abandon after the amount of work I've put into it. I had plans to open a produce shop in the market called "ZhuShop" selling the products of the tower farm.

I had no intentions of cheating. Doing something like that is most obviously bannable, that's common sense. I wouldn't leave behind all of my work just to gain some personal success from the ground. I put too much time and energy into my creations, just to cheat once then give myself away by messaging a moderator. That's just plain stupidity.

Once again, I had no intentions of cheating or anything else malevolent. I simply wanted to make a map of my town and the market.
BAN: Arvila banned name 'flyboy5595': For using illegal mods

I will message Arvila and Irethena for you
I just did
Alright. First off, you need to stop messaging mods, typing in the shoutbox, and doing every little thing to harass us to get you unbanned.

This is not the way to go about it, it just makes you look guilty.

If you want to have any chance of being unbanned, you will wait patiently for Arvila to respond to this appeal. Failure to do so will result in this being a permanent ban.
It certainly would help your ban appeal if you filled out the proper format. See the sticky in the ban appeals section. <object class="emojione" data="https://resources.enjin.com/1489581540/themes/core/images/emojione/svg/1f914.svg?0" type="image/svg+xml" standby=":idea:">:idea:</object>
Irethena wrote:
Alright. First off, you need to stop messaging mods, typing in the shoutbox, and doing every little thing to harass us to get you unbanned.

This is not the way to go about it, it just makes you look guilty.

If you want to have any chance of being unbanned, you will wait patiently for Arvila to respond to this appeal. Failure to do so will result in this being a permanent ban.

I fully agree, make a propper ban appeal and then I might consider unbanning you, that is if you stop harrasing mods. If you don't you are permanently banned.
Okay, lets try this again.

Flyboy5595

Banned: 2/20/12 ~5:00pm

Ban Reason: Using Illegal Mods

Banner: Arvila, under nickname: Gangplank

At the time, I was about to begin use of JourneyMap to make a map of my town (ZhuTown) to label and give to my residents. I was also planning of making a map of the market, including some of the undermarket, also to give to my residents and show them the best places to buy materials for their homes. Just before I was banned, I sent a message to Irethena, to ask if I could use it without issue. She said no and I attempted to clarify my intentions, but the answer was still no. At that time I turned it off and received a message from Arvila. He said he could see if I was cheating, I was immediately banned.

I had no intention if using the map to cheat, it does have a feature that allows underground mapping, but only if its turned on, and you are in a cave. This feature does not identify individual blocks, it only shows air spaces around you. Once again, I had no intention of using it illegally, there is no way in hell I would give up all the work I have put into my creations. I wasn't even done with most of them.

I admit the messaging was a bit attention whore-ish and I am sorry for that.