Welcome to Minetown!
To join our community, please login or register!
Internet Explorer
Internet Explorer is not supported. Please upgrade to a more modern browser.

[Enjin Archive] Virtual "portal" idea; thoughts from devs?
Started by Unknown User

Hi all,

I was asking the mods earlier about the possibility of creating portals like the inter-world ones (think WarWorld and SkyLands), and while it's not possible to use these within the same world, it struck me that it may be possible to program a block to perform a similar function.

What I'm thinking is, a way of programming a block (or perhaps pressure plate with special sign under it etc) so that when a player steps on it, it teleports them to a set of coordinates, or to prevent griefing through block removal, a correspondingly programmed block.

I'm thinking this would be a good way of creating seamless transitions between locations, especially in and out of secure areas.

Anyone have any ideas on how this could work?

Thanks

Neil
While this seems like an interesting idea, the closest thing we can offer, at the moment, is a MyWarp sign.

If you don't know what it is, it is a sign that you punch and it takes you to the warp specified on the sign. While it isn't the same premises, it does offer easy access to a warp one may not know about.
Yeah, I've had several MyWarp signs thrown about my town, they really are useful. I just came up with this idea as a more transparent attempt at a similar concept. I wonder if any devs are up to the challenge?
I'm actually working on rewriting the warp/tp code to work properly with moving players between servers in the upcoming server cluster that's planned, and this is is something we could definitely consider. I for one would think it would provide a more immersive experience in the RP world than warps.