Welcome to Minetown!
To join our community, please login or register!
Internet Explorer
Internet Explorer is not supported. Please upgrade to a more modern browser.

[Enjin Archive] PE
Started by [E] lucaspg

Some pes take a while because of one simple reason...they require both you and a mod actively doing your pe to be on at the same time...

this doesnt apply to all pes..mostly just vaults, MCTown issues, and large scale pes that we need your input on...

other pes take time because only certain mods have access to do them...Primarily vaults...these can only be done by a mod+/admin bcause if it requires breaking of bedrock, no one else can do it...also vaults take a good deal of time to do and that is why they get put off so that we can handle more petitions...

We get a lot of stupid pes from people who refuse to go look at the wiki and the rules...Warps are the most frequent of these failures...ill state it again...if you are not a $20+ donor, the ONLY warps you are entitled to are 1: a warp for your store; and 2: if you own a town, the main spawn warp for that town...nothing else...

the other stupid one is people messing with the pe system to say hi to the mods...or just leave a blank petition...

we can only take so much stupid before we have to stop and take a break peoples!!!

As for the rest of them, usually we are able to keep up on them...but please realize, we are VOLUNTEERS!!! We put in our time as we have it available...Sometimes we need a break to play ourselves too...If you bug us about your petitions, we may look at it and just close it from you pestering us about it...they will be done if you have made your petition correctly and it is possible for use to do ad not so extreme that we have to deny it...(eg...protect this 500x500 area that i have yet to do anything with...yes..we get this one a lot...)
Do you need coding experience or anything to be a mod?
pyrefangs wrote:
Please let me go over this again. We are not paid to do this. This is a donation of our personal free time. We understand that there are issues that do need to get resolved, but you cannot expect every single one of us to just roll over and grant whatever is needed within like 10 minutes of it being put up. We have lives. We have school... jobs... family. Hell... we even play other internet games! Not on MT 24/7.

All we ask is your patience. We do try to get matters handled in a timely manor, but sometimes you just have to wait. Don't yell at us. Don't get mad at us. Just give us a bit of time. Chances are, your whole day isn't going to grind to a halt if your PE isn't handled right away.

I mean honestly... you need protections? Alright... but keep building! If somebody touches your stuff, they'll get banned anyway when we catch them. (Yes... WHEN we catch them.) You need a warp? Alright. Well, that won't stop you from continuing on your adventure, or your build. Want a shop in the market? Cool! Noted! While you wait, go improve your stock that you're gonna sell! You got griefed? Well now we know! Keep an eye on the area every now and then, make sure you know exactly what's missing... then go about your building/playing while you wait.

Really... just because you have a PE out there... you don't have to just stop everything and flop around uselessly until it's done. There's so much stuff you could be doing! Build that epic build! Be that epic gamer! I know you have it in you!

So I ask you all... give us your patience. Sit back and have a piece of cake and enjoy the day. Your PE will get done.

I know it is volunteer time and I thank you for that. I was just wondering if there were some issues lately that were causing it to slow down. Now thanks to Zionia and the rest of the mods who posted on this, I know. Stupid people with stupid petitions.
Theres a guy who bought a lot in my town. I tell him the pes in for the subregion but hes impatient. More people should read Pyres explanation- and not the cake one we kinda all knew that <object class="emojione" data="https://resources.enjin.com/1489581540/themes/core/images/emojione/svg/1f61b.svg?0" type="image/svg+xml" standby=":p">:p</object>
I still think she's holding out on us...
lol...also ppl keep sending us petitions to make regions in their MCTowns...We cant do them or they will not link properly with your town...go look at the wiki on the MCTowns page you silly ppls!!!

and no, coding experience is not needed...
Two things:

One:

I hate MCTowns, sticking with /region protection. /<object class="emojione" data="https://resources.enjin.com/1489581540/themes/core/images/emojione/svg/1f600.svg?0" type="image/svg+xml" standby=":d">:d</object> Do mods hate seeing the old region's still being used? I mean like, my pe to have my (my meaning my city/faction's) region expanded every now and then, haha.

Two:

If it's a /pe for a protection, it is illegal to grieve even unprotected areas on the Minetown server, according to the rules. So, if it is grieved while the protection is not up, make another petition at the location saying it was grieved. If it is a warp, it's fairly simple. When they get to it, it only takes about 20 seconds and the Mod is done, so a lot of patience should be given for those. If it is something else, just do your best to wait. There's so much to do on MT, that you don't have to wait for just one pe to finish. pe's on average, for me, over the time I've been here on MT have taken about 20 hours to complete. Once it was done within 1 minute of submitting it, hei you're awesome for that one, hehe. Once within 5 minutes, Zionia awesome for that one. The one I had done yesterday took about 31 hours to complete, forgot who did that one though, but don't need their name. There have also been a lot of bugs on the server the past week, so it is understandable. Besides, just Irethena doing pe's? Give her a little help, guys!!!! 97? That's so much for one person, considering I'd estimate 30-50 pe's being submitted each day. It'd take a week for one person to reach a balance of 0 pe's, I'd think. (the last three or four sentences talking in a playful manner, meaning rhetorical).
Were is the forum on how to apply for a mod position? I havnt been able to find it ive used the search bar and everything
dunsjohn wrote:
Two things:

One:

I hate MCTowns, sticking with /region protection. /<object class="emojione" data="https://resources.enjin.com/1489581540/themes/core/images/emojione/svg/1f600.svg?0" type="image/svg+xml" standby=":d">:d</object> Do mods hate seeing the old region's still being used? I mean like, my pe to have my (my meaning my city/faction's) region expanded every now and then, haha.

Personally, I would rather do the old regioning than try to explain MCTowns. I honestly think MCTowns is an awesome plugin, it is just hard as hell to figure out.
Yield wrote:
dunsjohn wrote:
Two things:

One:

Personally, I would rather do the old regioning than try to explain MCTowns. I honestly think MCTowns is an awesome plugin, it is just hard as hell to figure out.

^^This

I spent like 3-4 hours just trying to figure out how to use it... eventually my computer caused an explosion that made the universe implode, resulting in an infinite amount of dimensional rifts opening up where the computer was, and got transported to your dimension... it's some hard and crazy stuff, that MCTowns. /<object class="emojione" data="https://resources.enjin.com/1489581540/themes/core/images/emojione/svg/2639.svg?0" type="image/svg+xml" standby=":(">:(</object>