Welcome to Minetown!
To join our community, please login or register!
Internet Explorer
Internet Explorer is not supported. Please upgrade to a more modern browser.

[Enjin Archive] Car trouble :( any mechanics in our midst?
Started by [E] MoarXx

Don't know about your area but around here you can put a deposit on the code reader and take it with you (not cheap but you get it back). Knowing the code will tell you exactly whats wrong. I would say its definitely something with the fuel and hopefully just a clogged filter.
ill keep that in mind thanks Italy
have you checked to make sure nothing bounced up off the road and hit the fuel cut off switch? most cars after 1990 have them and they are usually in an odd place. my last car had one in the back tire well. lol also check all your vacuum hoses and make sure they are snug.
i just checked my particular model of car... no switch but thanks for the tip! totally getting a kudos for that one though never would have thought of that at all!
if I think of anything else it could be I'll let you know. it definitely sounds fuel or computer related though.
I am With Danny On This One...I Have Had Several Cars That I Have Worked On That Had This EXACT Same Problem...You Could Just Check The Filter...And If You Need Help With Checking It, Ask...I Will Answer!
ok just got back from messing with the car, for my particular vehicle i have what they call a "non-serviceable" fuel filter (its literally a spaghetti strainer) on the the fuel intake pump.

the pump is pumping fuel ,it shot all over the back seat when i disconnected the hose and ran it just to be sure. i dunno what to do next >< perhaps its the injectors?
My opinion if the fuel pump seems to be working would be to check the air intake before digging into the injectors. Could be the engine isn't getting the air it needs to ignite the fuel. Any luck with getting a code reader?
My female logic regarding Car troubles:

"The thingy no work, fix it plox"
the auto zone out here in good ol' Illinois wont let me use thiers even for a deposit, the Nappa here doesn't have one, im gonna go back out to the care around 2pm (central time) and remove all the plugs and the coil pack (2) and clean the connections between them and try that, also i will check the air intake.. gonna have to ride a bike 2 miles in the cold for this one ><

EDIT** i cant believe i freaking spelled BIKE wrong /facepalm