Welcome to Minetown!
To join our community, please login or register!
Internet Explorer
Internet Explorer is not supported. Please upgrade to a more modern browser.

[Enjin Archive] MCTown; Being a Part of Multiple Towns
Started by [E] яєvєℓѕ21

I just decided to make Watersedge an MCTown, I'm owner/co-owner, however I also own Fort Reville, another town using the MCTown plugin, which means that I can't become the mayor of Watersedge as well. Eventually me and Zionia decided that I couldn't be the mayor of either town and that I could only be an assistant (otherwise the town would need to be re-founded each time I switched).

So now I have got to get two other people to be the mayors of the towns and everytime I want to switch town, I will need them to re-add me to whichever town I want to be in.

This all seems like a bit of a hassel, and annoying if neither of them are online, so I just wanted to suggest getting this looked at so that you could be a Mayor/Member/Assistant of more than one town, even if the limit is 2 towns it would still be better, and I'm sure I am not the only person affected by this problem. Thanks.
Yeah I need this fixed pronto!

Planning on another 5 branches of my city each NEEDS to be an mctown

This needs to be fixed!
Unfortunately, this is on account of the core functionality of the plugin. I would love for MCTowns to be forked to be more appropriate to Minetown, but not only would the plugin need to be mostly rewritten, there are multiple, unrelated, things that take priority. For now, I suggest being mayor of one and merely being the Worldguard owner of the other, doing petitions for region stuff on the second town. Alternatively, you could have the second town be converted into a territory of the first.
So, if the two towns weren't next to each other, I could still have two territories on the same town? (If you get what I mean) Otherwise the solution me and Zionia came up with was:
revels21 wrote:
I have got to get two other people to be the mayors of the towns and everytime I want to switch town, I will need them to re-add me to whichever town I want to be in.
so I would be an assistant in both of my towns, with seperate mayors for each, who would have to re-add me to the town everytime I wanted to switch between them, which, as I mentioned, is a lot of hassel!
Ok

So I have town mctown perms

Both the same name

So they count as the same perm even that they are on the other side of the world?
BARNEY626 wrote:
Ok

So I have town mctown perms

Both the same name

So they count as the same perm even that they are on the other side of the world?

Not sure exactly what you mean by this but you can have two territory's on different ends of Minetown and have them in the same town.
This is good news, if Zionia looks at this thread; this is what i think we should do! As long as it is alright with Btechnique anyway!
that would work...may need some help figuring out how exactly to set it up...im still newish to MCTowns...i assume we just make WE as a new territory name the same as the main for the first part of the town...so it would be something like RevelsOtherCity_territ_Watersedge or something...
Ye, I think it would be /town add territory Watersedge, then the region would be fortreville_territ_Watersedge. I would probably put in a couple of districts for the main town, the upper city and the new part of the town (btcity2). Again we can only do this if BTechnique is happy with it being part of my other city!!
I am ok with just one. I prefer focusing growth and expan of 1 town