Welcome to Minetown!
To join our community, please login or register!
Internet Explorer
Internet Explorer is not supported. Please upgrade to a more modern browser.

[Enjin Archive] Ban Appeal For dreamswirl from dreamswirl
Started by [E] dreamswirl

Username:dreamswirl

When you were banned : 6-2-15

Person who banned you: I'm not sure

Reason you were banned: New to minecraft, turned on an "x-ray resource pack", did not know packs were bannable

in addition after my ban my friend "MysticAshley" used this computer to check out your server and ask about my ban but was "auto banned" soon after logging in, I feel at fault for that
Hey There Dreamswirl.

My name is Novaleigh and I will be handling your ban appeal.

You admit to xraying, yet claim that you do not know that xray packs are a bannable offense. I have an issue with this, while completing the tutorial I am most certain it tells you to click a sign to view the rules. When you click the sign it should bring you to this page Here. That is our rules page. On the rule page in black and white it states the following : "Using some type of xray, whether gained by client modification or resource pack" listed under "Do not use cheats or abuse game glitches. Examples of activities not allowed under this rule:"

If you had read the rules then you would know that using an xray resource pack or mod is not allowed. By completing our tutorial you agree that you have read and understand the rules, while it is not a binding contract if you break our rules than ignorance is not a good defense.

So, these are the things I'm going to need you to do before we can continue any farther on this appeal:

1) Go to the link I posted above and re-read the rules. If you have any questions about them ask here in this thread and I will clarify for you. I want you to state in this thread that you have read and understand all of the rules on that page before we will proceed any farther.

2) I want an explanation for why you thought it was okay to use such a pack, giving yourself an unfair advantage over other players.

3) I want you to give an honest and heartfelt apology to the community in this thread here. You cheated, granted you were caught, but you were still trying to gain items unfairly.

After you have done those three things we can continue. Please take the time to put some thought into all three of these tasks, half hearted attempts to speed through this process will be reflected in the length of your ban.

Thank you for your time and I can't wait to hear from you again,

Novaleigh
1. I have read over the rules again thoroughly, I understand them and can claim no further ignorance to any rules set in place.

2. I overlooked the resource aspect of things not allowed, this is no excuse, there is none. I use the pack in survival/creative offline as a "phychic sense" kind of thing, mostly when Im lost underground which I was, in a generated mine dungeon. if unbanned I will just dig a stair up like i usually do.

You can visit my and HowlinWinds home at 84 63 9430

3. I apologize to any players and staff I offended or bothered by using the xray resource pack. I'm a peaceful casual player and would never want to ruin anyones good time.
After overlooking your appeal I have decided you will be banned for One Week. You will be automatically unbanned so there should be no worries about having to grab someone's attention. If it is the 11th of June and you are not unbanned at around this time, then and only then should you contact staff for help.

Take this time to think about what you have done and reflect, if you are caught xraying again your punishment will be more severe.

As for your friend who logged onto your computer you would have to prove that she is not you for her to be unbanned before this period of time.
I "as a new player" do believe the "resource pack" aspect of the rules should be brought up first and formost. I honestly overlooked the resource pack part of unallowed things because I dont cheat, just skimmed over it quickly seeing words like "flying, speed client, hacking"...nope I dont do that stuff. Being a new player I am a bit clueless and this was literally the first online server I ever joined. We tried a smaller server that was a "free for all" and really liked the "golden shovel" aspect of your world. HowlingWind and I bought "minecraft realms" before we knew that servers existed. When I was banned he thought I was joking. A stern in game warning from an administrator "dreamswirl you are using a banned texture pack, review the rules and correct the situation or you will be banned" would be just as effective, and less demoralizing.
Dearest Dreamswirl,

It is not our job to baby step each member through the rules. You ran through the tutorial and completed it. Breaking a rule leads to a punishment, be happy the ban is not permanent. You have a week without our server, it is a small punishment for using something that is clearly, logically cheating. You seem like a bright cookie, skimming through rules, contracts, etc is a very very silly thing to do. If you skim through the rules and break them, you must be prepared to suffer the consequences. In fact, the "any type of xray' is listed above flying and after duplication. One would think that ANY type of Xray would cover an XRAY texture pack/resource pack. Thats rather early in our "In game" portion of the rules.

If you would like to further debate this topic, you are more than welcome to privately message me to minimize the 'demoralizing' nature of you being caught breaking the rules and being punished for it.