Welcome to Minetown!
To join our community, please login or register!
Internet Explorer
Internet Explorer is not supported. Please upgrade to a more modern browser.

[Enjin Archive] New Nether?
Started by [E] Nyu

Hey guys

so i wanted to just point out, that the nether REALLY needs to be renewed.... Finding Glowstone is nearly unposssible, not to mention Strongholds, the Area around the spawn has completely been griefed away and generally its not a fun environment in there anymore:

So I'm suggesting you guys should just give the nether a reset, so that its possbile to find valuables again

cheers

CrA5HD4Y
I rather disagree-- valuables are valuable because they are hard to find, and continuously introducing more just makes them less valuable.

Also, spawn isn't the only way into the nether. There are portals all over the overworld map, many of which lead to areas that are mostly untouched; in any case, you can always obtain some obsidian and build your own, or buy the portal blocks themselves at the credit shop.

As to glowstone, you can convert soulsand into glowstone with powered redstone dust, and as I mentioned earlier, the further out regions of the nether are rich with large soulsand deposits and huge glowstone formations. Just explore, and you'll find what you need. Prices will start to rise as the stuff gets harder to find to compensate for the extra work required to find it.
I agree. I was really happy about the end reset- tons more endstone for me!

I totally support renewing the griefed deathtrap that is the nether- just a fresh start! Please!

Some of us new members dont even HAVE any of that stuff! We werent here 6 months ago when there were blazes to fight and warts to farm.
The thing is there are still blazes to fight and warts to farm all over the nether. Most of the place hasn't been touched or just a few blocks broken here and there to make a path for the single person or two that's been through there. If there's nothing near the spawn, then don't enter the nether through the spawn. You can enter the nether from anywhere on the map.

I and several friends had two blaze grinders and a large farm less than 1000 blocks from spawn. (It was griefed, and in retrospect, far too close to spawn). There are plenty of chunks that haven't been generated or seen before, the fun is just finding them.

P.S., I'm a new member too. Heck, you've been a member here more than three times as long as I have. Just explore, you'll find what you need in the nether.
I agree with darth valuable are valuables for a reason. I broke into Vvanon's farm for some nether wart (not that I approve of griefing) but he logged on and I said hey broke into your farm and I had a laugh. Nether wart and glowstone are RARE for a reason. The economy already sucks because of sOme ppl.

I say nO no no no noon noo noooooo nononono no

Also there's pleny still in the nether look around
Pro Tip: You can't find what you're looking for? Keep walking! The Nether goes on and on and on and on. <object class="emojione" data="https://resources.enjin.com/1489581540/themes/core/images/emojione/svg/1f600.svg?0" type="image/svg+xml" standby=":d">:d</object>
What I've found really helpful is dig through the netherrack in a long tunnel formation. I usually stumble upon some sort of glowstone deposit or nether brick tower.

If you're looking for blaze/blaze spawners, the easiest but probably most time consuming way is vote to save up for an egg, there are still spawners out there somewhere. I agree with Darth though, finding new unexplored regions of the nether is great. It's like finding diamonds underground, you're happy you spend all that time looking for them once you see them.

"When you see someone who's life isn't going there way, go up to them with a smile and shout, "GOOD DAY!"- Hayden775
Its hard because i have a portal in one city and another portal in another, yet they spawn at the same darn portal all the time! Why dont new portals show up?

What i would give for a 12x12 protection. WHy cant the nether be 1 reigion per user?
PokemonGardevoir wrote:
Its hard because i have a portal in one city and another portal in another, yet they spawn at the same darn portal all the time! Why dont new portals show up?

What i would give for a 12x12 protection. WHy cant the nether be 1 reigion per user?

Because the Nether is lawless, and protections are laws. Ergo, they do not exist in the nether, nor will they.

I can say the nether won't be reset, I've talked to Sayomie. However maybe we can clean up spawn a bit.
Well thats at least something