Welcome to Minetown!
To join our community, please login or register!
Internet Explorer
Internet Explorer is not supported. Please upgrade to a more modern browser.

[Enjin Archive] Currency deflation - The end of Minetown?
Started by [E] simworld

First, sorry for the exaggeration topic....<object class="emojione" data="https://resources.enjin.com/1489581540/themes/core/images/emojione/svg/1f61b.svg?0" type="image/svg+xml" standby=":p">:p</object> but it's worth a thought about it.

Since the duckshop introduce, the gold and diamond become worthless, we can obtain 1 diamond for $50 in the market where the CS shop sell $150. Because everyone see the $ more worth than diamond. And every shop start adopting duckshop trading method.

I was wondering shall Minetown change the MTcredit become the official currency? Where the bank able to buy the diamond in certain value? since they're not easy to obtain (theoretically). And this will encourage more member into voting to obtain the MTCredit, or donation. The diamond worth $50 in market seem very unreasonable, some even drop to $35 in order to obtain the MTC. Another situation is where people will avoid enter c.shop in the market.

What I see in this situation is ....

example:

You spend 1diamond to buy "item A" block

But you can obtain more when spend $50 to buy "item A" block

So, I really do hope something can be done.

If MTC being the main currency, the benefit (in my opinion) are:..

- Bank will no longer doing the exchange of gold-diamond, but buy/sell gold, diamond in MTC (eg diamond buy @ 120, sell @ 150)

- MTC will become the core currency is all trading (i.e old economy plugin will slowly being replaced by duckshop)

- More member will vote in order to obtain the MTc, or donate

- You do not need to carry tone of gold/diamond around for trade (just /money will know how much in your bank)

- Diamond and gold will use more freely in decoration for "rich" people, instead of use it to trade

- The whole economy in Minetown will be more balance

Thanks for your reading. Please dont "bad vote" me, just vote in poll enough. It's something about our virtual world, not about my personal behavior....^_^
I kinda like to buy with G and D but i agree!

People are telling me my prices are hanus when i sell for creds, because i say

"hmm, id sell this for _ gold and a gold is worth $50, so it should be _ because _ x 50 is _."

This angers a lot of my customers because i count a gold ingot as being worth 50 credits even though the market price has dropped as low as 10 credits.

I completely support this!
Also, the diamond market is so diverse, i found somewhere that buys diamonds for 35$ and another that sells them for 30$, leaving an opprotunity for scams
I actually think it should be the other way a round. I think there should be more control to keep the price of diamonds closer to 150MTC. A 500% drop in the price of diamods just doesn't set right with me. Diamonds should be expensive because they are rare and hard to find.

But I digress because I'm hoping the raise in spawn egg prices will hopefully stabilize the economy.
there are shops that been doing thing since the addition to buy spawners/change the spawners mob, way before duckshop, and if anything, make it so shops cant sell diamonds for MTC unless they are their resonable price, :/
I dont support the change to minetown credits only. though i believe that something should be done about this inflation. the biggest problem with this diamond and gold inflation are those who come onto the server and use xrays that cause diamond and gold to be a useless resource something needs to be done with this as soon as possible I also think that there should no longer be drop events of diamond and gold and instead of winning stacks of diamond blocks for events you win MC credits this includes building events, jump events, PvP events, maze events ETC.
duckshop still allows the use of gold as currency and many shops still are offering materials for gold ingots. Additionally, while credits are more conveniently available, gold and diamonds are less limited for people new to the server (who have less to sell if they apply right away). No matter how much arguing is done back and forth, there will always be a crowd more favoring toward credits *and* a crowd more favorable toward ingots. Forcing one way after supporting both for so long will cause far more trouble than letting shop owners decide individually what they want to accept.

As to the credit shop, it's not intended as competition to member stores...you're just going to have to decide what's a fair exchange for your investment in the materials your selling and stick to asking for that, regardless of currency.
Its no deflation its the competitors prices for the reason why MTC currency exchange is low. When i first joined minetown the usual was 150 1 d Some stores popped up with cheaper amounts and with stores needing better. I think Gold and Diamonds are the best way to pay items. I think that it works perfectly the way it is.. Sorry my opinion.
We take the spawner as example. The spawner is even less available in the map. but due to high demanding of MTC, the spawner price drop from 1,2000mtc to 600mtc now. It's really ridiculous. I remember the day i join, people selling the spawner really much expensive, now it's like everyone can own a spawner bcos of the high demand in MTC and diamond/gold.

few days back people sell spawner for 700 each, now drop to 600 each.

the market price all drop bcos of MTC. example, I can't sell my cheap 32log for 1gold, becos someone probably offer 64log for $30.

Probably reach to 1 day, u throw a goldingot on the street and no one even care to pick up...lol
Well, the new map will cause problems in this case. There will be more diamond ore, and the price of diamonds will rocket down to 20 MT and me a worthless material. after a long time, people will be unable to mine diamonds (as it will all have been mined) and it will return to its original price as it will be more rare due to more people using it as decoration than as currency. Just give it time, and they will go back to normal.