Welcome to Minetown!
To join our community, please login or register!
Internet Explorer
Internet Explorer is not supported. Please upgrade to a more modern browser.

[Enjin Archive] New to MineTown? Here is a guide to get started.
Started by [E] Madster

Ah, so im new, but not that new, as in the 3 weeks new. But i have learned many tips on how to be successful in MineTown, and I want to share those tips with the newer players.

First off MineTown is huge, you could log on every day and see something new, so many players from all over the world play mineTown, Which is fun when your on at 5am and 70+ other people are still online.

Getting materials and getting started can be somewhat challenging, Im sure if you talk to someone they could hook you up with some supplies to start you off.

Here is how i got started with my adventures in minetown:

First i got on mumble, Mumble is a online chat room with different channels. If you are using mumble with minetown, its much easier to become friends with other MineTown members, and you may even get some help from those other players in mumble.

After i had gotten some basic materials i set out to find a island, far out, using /kit boat will allow you to get a free boat and explore on the ocean. You do not need to find an island to build on, but its more private to only you.

After i had found my island, i started to mine, plant trees, and build a home. I also got a lot of help from other players i talked to in Mumble. For example Darth is almost always on, hes a really cool guy, and knows almost anything MineTown related, and im sure he could help you a lot in getting started.

After your settled, buying/selling is what would be next, atleast for me. I have been pretty lucky when it comes to buying/selling items. I bought a pig spawner for just 2 Diamonds! Most players want basic materials, you can sell them or buy them at /warp market

Once you have enough materials you are set, you can now just casually play the game without having to worry about finishing your home right away.

So this is how i got started fast in minetown, and im going to say it again, mumble has helped me a lot, im on mumble every time im online the server.

NOTE: this is not what new players have to do. This is just what i did, and have gotten pretty far with it, So its just some basic tips to new players to get started.

Hope everyone has fun Playing in MIneTown and hope to see you online!
Why dont people look at archives or the wiki?

I know these have been made in the past and this is on the front page of the wiki!

http://mc.minetown.net/wiki/index.php/Ultimate_New_Player_Guide
lol....just /warp tutorial

<object class="emojione" data="https://resources.enjin.com/1489581540/themes/core/images/emojione/svg/1f600.svg?0" type="image/svg+xml" standby=":d">:d</object>
What's with the sudden flood of helpful people?
happy worm you love to troll on people's post dont you lol
Define troll.
Happyworm360 wrote:
What's with the sudden flood of helpful people?

I know right ?
Many people have seen the flood of new TMod's and I believe that they believe that now is their time to get a shot at Helper/Mod.

Maybe I'm just cynical.

I went to library and asked for a book on conspiracies.

They didn't have any...

Coincidence? I think not.
Happyworm360 wrote:
Define troll.

Define define.
Drupe wrote:
Happyworm360 wrote:
Define troll.

Define define.

Define jallaf.