Welcome to Minetown!
To join our community, please login or register!
Internet Explorer
Internet Explorer is not supported. Please upgrade to a more modern browser.

[Enjin Archive] entitie cap
Started by [E] Beerismygod

soo, i had a wool farm spread over around 9 chunks with about 500 - 700 sheep all with the different colors. i logged on today to find half of them butchered. i did not receive any notifications that it was to large or i had to many. could we get a max entities cap please per chunk/player (since we have chunk loaders). If we cant fair enough, at the very least leave 2 of each color and sign/s for the claim owner see that they had to many entities and that they need to keep them at a decent limit. do not just butcher them and leave no sign/ warning, maybe inform players that they have to many entities and that it can cause negative effect for other players. YKYLM - for narnia! ( missing 1 year vet tag <object class="emojione" data="https://resources.enjin.com/1489581540/themes/core/images/emojione/svg/1f61b.svg?0" type="image/svg+xml" standby=":p">:p</object> )
@8596822 wrote:
do not just butcher them and leave no sign/ warning

The problem is that this causes an immediate issue, and sometimes cannot wait until a player is online again. Mass amounts of entities cause some very serious problems. If you come back and half of them are gone, then what you have left is the best number for the chunk(s) you're in. I'm sure a Manager will be able to answer the request for caps.

Edit: Also, PLEASE spell entity correctly.
i do understand the lag issues that can be caused from excessive entities ( yes i remember the days of players having 2k + pigman at their farm whilst afking nd thats why they were removed) , though if a player is causing that much lag, they must be informed on how they are causing the issue else it can not addressed, simply killing all the entities and not leaving sign or informing the player how their actions have caused an issue will not properly address the issue. please set a entente cap <object class="emojione" data="https://resources.enjin.com/1489581540/themes/core/images/emojione/svg/1f642.svg?0" type="image/svg+xml" standby=":)">:)</object>
Have you checked the entire area? Normally when I kill mobs I will leave a chest with what they drop and a sign somewhere stating the mobs were too high, caused lag, and were thus removed.

At the same time, having 500 plus sheep is a bit much. Granted, you're a rather absent player (Not saying it justifies it) so its hard to peg exactly when your sheep were killed and by who. Could there have been a player who was trusted there that decided to go ham on your sheepies? If the area was butchered you wouldn't have any sheepies left.

Typically right now, if the player is online and not afk we will notify them that they need to personally take out some of their mobs. If they are AFK (I can only speak for myself) I leave a sign/chest combo and butcher mobs. Unfortunately sometimes the amount of mobs can lag the server so horribly the only option is to butcher a radius of the mobs. Typically now when I check for entity counts I pop over and take a look and inform players BEFORE their mobs get out of hand.

It is unfortunate that your sheep were killed, but luckily dye and wheat are easy enough to find now a days that you can recolor/breed the colors you need while maintaining a reasonable population.
ask giff
Putting it simply, we're not adding in a cap. As for no warning, please refer to this thread: Link

/Locked