Welcome to Minetown!
To join our community, please login or register!
Internet Explorer
Internet Explorer is not supported. Please upgrade to a more modern browser.

[Enjin Archive] Server Map
Started by [E] 13U5T3R

hey i was wondering if there is a way i could get a copy of the server map, i wanna make a movie and i lag too bad when online so i was going to do it offline, hope u can help me out!! :)sdw
You do realize the map is over 11gb right?
Danny wrote:
You do realize the map is over 11gb right?

Lols the most space my map took up was only 55 mb
11 gb holy crap..... (totaly suprised expretion)
You also have to realize, there is a ton more data on our map (the server). Just the map alone, no mods or player data or anything like that. Our map (if you look at world map on the website) is huge. In single player, I doubt anyone has explored even 1/10 of the total area. If someone has, please state so... that's a lot of time to do. We have probably around 300 monthly active users on this site. Each day, I'd estimate around 1.000.000 blocks are broken/placed, or more. This is a lot of data. When you include the modifications that directly impact the game (items, blocks, etc.), it expands the needed memory. Then all the "non-essential" plugins (in this case only meaning they have no association with the map, directly) add more to that data. Then you add player data (which is a ton considering all the guests that have ever logged in. The server remembers where they were last, and what they were holding. Remembering being a figurative word, here). I think that you'd experience a little more lag than you are now, if you downloaded this map to your pc. Honestly, I'm afraid that if I get a copy of this map, my computer will form a black hole... it's already breaking enough, haha... hope this helps. Also, correct me if I'm wrong on any of this info. I honestly doubt that the terrain (blocks - natural and placed) take up 11gb alone, but I could be wrong.
I dont know how big is 11gb. But I know it's really really super big. from 1 point to another point take ages.
In the end, we will never give out a "copy" of the map. No matter the size, that is not the issue, the issue is keeping what minetown has built. in minetown.
ok well the point of the matter was so that i could make a film of what i have created. i wanted to be able to actually make a film on it without lagging.
Try logging in on a week day around 10am PDT - 12noon PDT. There is relatively no lag, and 70/- people online.

EDIT: Thanks for the downvote. If you think I'm wrong about this time, log in. I don't appreciate you going through all my posts and downvoting me. You being an arbitrary word, here, because I don't know who is doing it.
mrbaconbitts wrote:
In the end, we will never give out a "copy" of the map. No matter the size, that is not the issue, the issue is keeping what minetown has built. in minetown.

You know there's a mod that allows people to download the map by walking around it, chunk by chunk? In the end, keeping the server map isn't going to stop them copying it, it'll just make it a lot harder.