Welcome to Minetown!
To join our community, please login or register!
Internet Explorer
Internet Explorer is not supported. Please upgrade to a more modern browser.

[Enjin Archive] I miss helping players, but do not want moderator responsibility.
Started by [E] Uber_Soldat

I once was the moderator of two different servers, both of which fell apart. The first changed owners, who of which caused players to leave; the second couldn't get enough donations. As a moderator, I learned that it's very hard to deal with the players. When I became a mod for the first time, the little monsters came out of the wood work crying 'help'. While I did my best to help everyone as soon as I felt fit, people decided that it would be a good idea to ask more from me because I was a more active moderator, it wasn't. As soon as I got overloaded, people became upset and decided to motivate me by basic insults, I became an angry moderator, which kept people away from me. While having only a few players willing to ask me for help was nice, I lost the helpers high and players feared that I was going to use my power against them. At the same point, the servers management full under, and there was no point in even playing.

Time passed and I decided to find a new server, where of which I became a big hit, and active. In little time, I was "rewarded" with a moderator position, even though I hadn't asked for it. It was nicer, disputes were easier to handle, and players were calmer. Sadly, I couldn't always "just play", I had an obligation to help. Eventually, the same pattern had arisen, where veteran players or new decided to attack me for not doing my "job". I gritted my teeth and helped, while flip flopping between my home server and a creative server. I was considered for 'super moderator' before I just took an unannounced vacation. When I left, I later found out that donations did not meet the monthly quota and it would be too long before the server could be resurrected on a new host, and the map would be lost.

TL;DR My patience with people wears thin quickly, so I am just not cut out for moderator position.

I have a question now, is there any way I can help the staff or players with simple things, such as protections, or checking logblock? I honestly do miss helping players, but I just don't want to have to be a marked with moderator responsibilities for as long as I am with the server. If the answer is no, or "but you can help players by giving items!" then I can just go about my own business.

I considered a moderator application, but I find that I will just be unable to play on the server as normal. ( The application also states there is no part time moderation.)
Helper?
INFORMANT: To gain "Helper" Status is only by contributing your time and experiance towards minetown community and its works. Given this "Helper" Status is very rare we only have 2 Helpers (which is enough) Isoccer and Yeild. Isoccer contributed by (Helping with the MCtown Vid and many other things involveing Mctown) Yeild Contributed by (I have no idea ask yeild himself) It is a very rare Status u have a much better chance on becoming a Mod with your credentials.
For what it's worth, mods, although I don't know Uber - I have seen him being helpful to new players and in general on the server, as I do too! <object class="emojione" data="https://resources.enjin.com/1489581540/themes/core/images/emojione/svg/1f642.svg?0" type="image/svg+xml" standby=":)">:)</object>
schaefer1231 wrote:
INFORMANT: To gain "Helper" Status is only by contributing your time and experiance towards minetown community and its works. Given this "Helper" Status is very rare we only have 2 Helpers (which is enough) Isoccer and Yeild. Isoccer contributed by (Helping with the MCtown Vid and many other things involveing Mctown) Yeild Contributed by (I have no idea ask yeild himself) It is a very rare Status u have a much better chance on becoming a Mod with your credentials.

Yield helped by doing the duckshop on the wiki
I'm not sure about wearing a Mod tag but to me, it seems that being a helper makes me approachable... "Hey! That guy has Help in his name, I must have his attention nao!" while I'm not 100% sure in the differences between a mod an myself, I do know that we are close enough that I feel like a mod. As far as I know, there isn't an unnamed staff position so your best bet is probably to just stay a member.
Well, Honestly, I guess it's not about how approachable I am, but rather full time commitment to helping. I'm not concerned about rank, how how "rare" a tag is, I just want to know my options. I guess I could edit the wiki, I've found enjoyment out of that. I'm more so scared of being mobbed (so to speak) like when I was with the other servers, I guess the PE system handles quite a lot of this.
TPrezzle wrote:
Uber_Soldat wrote:
I once was the moderator of two different servers...

UNTIL I TOOK AN ARROW TO THE KNEE.

Constructive posts until this. Honestly, was this necessary? The answer is no, this is spam in a discussion thread.
Jahaoronnie wrote:
schaefer1231 wrote:

Woah woah woah, I did a lot more than the Duckshop page, here's my contributions:

http://mc.minetown.net/wiki/index.php?title=Special%3AContributions&tagFilter=&contribs=user&target=Yield&namespace=&year=&month=-1
Wiki's are oddly satisfying to edit. If your the right person, it can feel addicting.
Yield wrote:
Jahaoronnie wrote:
schaefer1231 wrote:

Woah woah woah, I did a lot more than the Duckshop page, here's my contributions:

http://mc.minetown.net/wiki/index.php?title=Special%3AContributions&tagFilter=&contribs=user&target=Yield&namespace=&year=&month=-1

Lol my bad man. That was all I had read with your name on it so yeah