Welcome to Minetown!
To join our community, please login or register!
Internet Explorer
Internet Explorer is not supported. Please upgrade to a more modern browser.

[Enjin Archive] *Unofficial* Event/Contest Ideas Thread!
Started by [E] Teh1337

HelloEveryone, My name is Teh, and I am starting an Unofficial Contest/Event Ideas thread.

This threads purpose is to give ideas to people about what to make there Event/Contest on.

So, If you have the perfect idea for a project, but never had the money to host it, but would still like to see it made into one, here is where to post it!

All I ask is that no one makes fun of people for there ideas on this thread, as this is to help people who need ideas for their contests/Events

This is not neccesary, but if you do take the idea from someone on this thread (which is good) Then when you are hosting it, try and give some credit to the person who came up with the idea.

Thanks for reading

~Teh~
A building event with only using black, white, lightgrey and grey wool!
Two ideas that I was working on, before the catastrophic demise of my desktop were:

A griefing competition: A number of teams are given 1 lot with an identical house. The idea is to grief the hose in the most creative way possible. I hadn't come up with any rules yet (like whether tools were allowed or not). I also thought of putting a block of obsidian in the house and if you broke it, you would get some extra points. I would be willing to hand over the 9-house gaming area I was building before the meltdown.

The other idea was to make a square section ~25 blocks down and fill it with dirt or sand. Randomly inserted in in the dirt/sand would be various colors of wool worth different amounts of points. Tools probably wouldn't have been allowed.

Another idea I was playing with was a sort of minesweeper arena with colored wool serving the same purpose as the colored numbers in the actual game. Not exactly a multi-player mini game but I thought it would be fun (not as fun as if tnt actually 'sploded)

If you want me to elaborate on any of these ideas, feel free to send me forum PM!
JumpUp 2 Coming soon XD Thought I would throw that out there. I plan to work on a massive PVP event after that. we'll see how it goes <object class="emojione" data="https://resources.enjin.com/1489581540/themes/core/images/emojione/svg/1f600.svg?0" type="image/svg+xml" standby=":d">:d</object>
It just stinks that redstone is a bit laggy on the server so redstone projects dont work as well. I could have so many ideas...
Maybe do a huge enclosed area and have players do a scavenger hunt inside. They would start with nothing, make tools with trees and such inside the area, and look for the items needed.
Yield wrote:
Two ideas that I was working on, before the catastrophic demise of my desktop were:

A griefing competition: A number of teams are given 1 lot with an identical house. The idea is to grief the hose in the most creative way possible. I hadn't come up with any rules yet (like whether tools were allowed or not). I also thought of putting a block of obsidian in the house and if you broke it, you would get some extra points. I would be willing to hand over the 9-house gaming area I was building before the meltdown.

The other idea was to make a square section ~25 blocks down and fill it with dirt or sand. Randomly inserted in in the dirt/sand would be various colors of wool worth different amounts of points. Tools probably wouldn't have been allowed.

I like the idea of having a team-griefing challenge on a simple little house they would dominate that little defenseless thing! XD

I also love the simplicity of the digging w/o tools event, and whoever gets the most points from finding the different valued wool wins. It's clever and fun, simple, and somewhat childish at the same time, like playing in a sandbox or the game DigDug :3