Welcome to Minetown!
To join our community, please login or register!
Internet Explorer
Internet Explorer is not supported. Please upgrade to a more modern browser.

[Enjin Archive] Minetown Cleanup?
Started by [E] DustySkunk

Hello Everyone,

Most of you probably don't know me (I am rather new) but my name is DustySkunk and I have a suggestion I would like to share with you. From what I have seen, it seems like a significant amount of people get banned on a weekly basis. Given that Minetown has been running continuously for a *very* long time, there appears to be many houses and such left over from all of these folks. Some of them partially constructed and will never be finished as things stand, and some of them are in prime real estate. All of them contribute to parts of Minetown seeming like a ghost town.

Do you guys think it might be a good idea for the Mayors of towns to take stock of who in there town has been banned and will never be allowed back on the server, and maybe do some cleanup (i.e. mark some buildings for demolition)? I know it would be no small undertaking, but it could be made to be fun. For instance: It could be made into an event or a contest, to see who has the best/quickest demolition skills!

Just a thought that I had as I have explored Minetown this past week. What do you guys think?
We have a fix for this coming soon. Minetown has purchased a server and it should be arriving. With the new server, we have a new spawn world. Don't worry about your items, they will be carried over. The other world will still be there, but it won't be the main per say.
Thanks for the information, Amaryxi!
well, town owners have the right (so long as it is posted in their town rules) to take back lots of banned or inactive town members. They just need to give a couple weeks notice for the inactives to give them a chance to reply...banned are banned...
I like the idea to clean up those "haunted house" without light. If it's creative, still acceptable to keep it.

Probably can ask for co-op for member to put in PE if saw something that's half build for a period.

I'd saw a dock build half way since last week and no more progress since then....
What's nice is that most things have people's names on them somewhere, so identifying the builders wouldn't be hard. Having people report possible abandoned buildings wouldn't be difficult either. We could keep a sticky thread here in the forum and start a master list. What could be a pain in the rear is cross referencing that list with all of the people who are banned. Although, if we had a list of banned people we could post, it would be easy to check.. I don't know how the server keeps track of that information.

If it's just listed in a text file somewhere it would be easy enough to write a script that would pull all of the names and put it in alphabetical order. Better yet if its in a MySQL database. I could pull it, and I'm sure one of the admins should be able to do it.

If we wanted to clean up what will become the "historic" district this might be the way to do it. It would be easy enough to send people to each place in the warp lounge to check out each town, look for half built buildings and/or names they might recognize as banned from the banned list. Try to contact the owners of anything that they might be unsure of, and go from there.

Is there any hard figure as to how many users are currently banned from Minetown?
i have gone out randomly for survival many times and i see abandoned cottages and hobbles everywhere. Ive seen a couple or villages that have had their owner banned so theyve abandoned it. they should check some of these villages for any recent game blocks. It might be easier to just clear the areas and get rid of any protections! <object class="emojione" data="https://resources.enjin.com/1489581540/themes/core/images/emojione/svg/1f600.svg?0" type="image/svg+xml" standby=":d">:d</object>