Welcome to Minetown!
To join our community, please login or register!
Internet Explorer
Internet Explorer is not supported. Please upgrade to a more modern browser.

[Enjin Archive] PVP warnings for the End and the Nether
Started by [E] Darth Android

I've seen several people now that are unaware of the designated "lawlessness" of the Nether and the End. This can catch new players particularly off guard in an unfair way where they might be unaware that they have become fair game by entering-- The rules do not mention anything about this, the game does not mention anything about this, and if nobody takes care to warn them, there's a good chance they'll learn about it only by losing their entire inventory, which can be a particularly souring experience for someone that is unknowingly taking risks they would not have normally taken.

I think it might be worthwhile to have the server alert players when they enter the End or the Nether that a) PVP is always on and b) the region is lawless. Example:

Welcome to the End!

This is a PVP area. PVP is always on.

This is a "lawless" area. Everything is fair game; There are no protections.

This gives new players (or players that were not around when these worlds were changed to be lawless) a chance to properly equip (or remove from their inventory) items as appropriate for the risks they're willing to take.

Edit: Just realized this probably should have been posted in the server suggestion forum; Please move if necessary.
This is a really good point, I have noticed how many new players, not even wearing Armour, are killed and loose everything they had been working for for the past few hours. I think that this is a great idea.

-Luev25-
Agreed.
I agree with the notification alert but the nether and the and are not "lawless" at all they do have many of the restrictions that the overworld dose
Thumbed up <object class="emojione" data="https://resources.enjin.com/1489581540/themes/core/images/emojione/svg/1f600.svg?0" type="image/svg+xml" standby=":d">:d</object>
klevin wrote:
I agree with the notification alert but the nether and the and are not "lawless" at all they do have many of the restrictions that the overworld dose

Actually, from what sawine has told me, they don't. TNT is enabled, you can destroy and grief buildings other than the spawn point, and you can destroy and steal from chests. It is truly lawless. All worldguard regions have been removed. You can still cprivate chests and doors, but others can just destroy them with TNT. This change happened a week ago or thereabouts; I think you just demonstrated a prime example for the need of such a warning <object class="emojione" data="https://resources.enjin.com/1489581540/themes/core/images/emojione/svg/1f642.svg?0" type="image/svg+xml" standby=":)">:)</object>
Darth Android wrote:
klevin wrote:

Actually, from what sawine has told me, they don't. TNT is enabled, you can destroy and grief buildings other than the spawn point, and you can destroy and steal from chests. It is truly lawless. All worldguard regions have been removed. You can still cprivate chests and doors, but others can just destroy them with TNT. This change happened a week ago or thereabouts; I think you just demonstrated a prime example for the need of such a warning <object class="emojione" data="https://resources.enjin.com/1489581540/themes/core/images/emojione/svg/1f642.svg?0" type="image/svg+xml" standby=":)">:)</object>

I don't see how I am in need of such a warning becouse I jave been banned since wensday and am currently waiting for a response on my apeal
I wasn't so much saying that you needed it, more that there are people that are not aware of the current state of rules in the End and the Nether. My apologies for any confusion.
That's ok I didnt realy care just wanted to make sure my reputation in game wasnt dammaged any further
I personally think this is an amazing idea