Welcome to Minetown!
To join our community, please login or register!
Internet Explorer
Internet Explorer is not supported. Please upgrade to a more modern browser.

[Enjin Archive] New user; banned.
Started by [E] asianninvasion

I just got banned for asking to get a nether portal lit. I had just seen a design on a video and decided to use it. I had no idea that it was a bannable offense. It seems like the guy should of warned a new player first before banning for such a reason. It sure would be nice if everyone on the server, including mods and admins, had to follow the same rules.
You can ask around, I have done nothing but help on this server since I started playing multiplayer about 2 weeks ago. I cause no trouble for anyone.
Username: asianninvasion

Date of ban: 1/25/2012

Person who banned you : Heiwashin

Reason of ban: Asking a mod to help with "duping"

I was building a design for a nether portal that I saw online. I didn't know I was doing something wrong. I do not know what he meant by "duping"
How can I find out how long this ban is scheduled to last??

I have never even played on another multiplayer server but if this is all it takes to overlook all the positive things a user has done then I will find a new place to call home.

If any of my friends see this then please leave some contact information so we can keep in touch. (JustinLifecaster, Luggious, jedjedjedjed1234, Courtneyf1987, and creeperpigs)

Once I find out how long this is going to last then I will decide what to do. If I end up leaving for good, then one of my friends will be getting a lot of good stuff..

I wish all of you the best if this turns for the worst.
You where building a duping machine, albeit not a working one but still a duping machine. Please explain how you could be so ignorant to be building one w/o even knowing it.
I had seen that design when I first started playing and again in a video I was watching.. If I knew I was doing something wrong then I wouldn't of asked for a mod to help.. I have seen people do far worse on the server and they were warned at most. I wasn't afforded such courtesy.

How long am I banned for though?
Would someone please tell me a way I can get a message to some friends on the server??

It would be greatly appreciated.
Wait, so you said it doesn't even work ?? So I got banned for using the same design as a "duping machine" that doesn't even work and wouldn't of benefited me in any unfair way? That is logical. I still don't see what the problem is with trying to see if I could transport items from the regular world to the nether via a water path and portal ... I have seen that same design at least one time on the Minetown server. But if it is bad enough to be able to get banned then I wouldn't do it again. I still think a warning could of solved this a lot quicker.

If this is a permanent thing then can you please tell me now so I can figure out what to do?

I would like to know the duration of the ban and also, how can I get in contact with my friends on the server?
please be patient. bans are not lifted immediately...usually they take a day or two to work out before being undone...
You will be unbanned in 2 days. I might have been willing to ub-ban you right away had you been a little more polite and patient.