Welcome to Minetown!
To join our community, please login or register!
Internet Explorer
Internet Explorer is not supported. Please upgrade to a more modern browser.

[Enjin Archive] P.v.P. Issues
Started by [E] F15h3r

Any word on the fixes for pvp off? I was in the end today, mining endstone for a building project. I had no beds with me, no lava, and I had PvP off. I was planning on getting a couple stacks of stone and then disappearing. I even walked a reasonable distance from spawn and only mined in front of me so there was no danger of anyone falling into the hole i dug.

I answered my phone and when I came back I was dead. I had been killed by a sword with a fire enchantment. I'm not going to name names and get people in trouble because I'm not 12, but still, the whole episode kind of stunk. My character would have been facing the wall so I was attacked from behind. Furthermore, I had a full set of diamond armour so even with an enchanted sword, I assume I would have taken a few hits to kill. As I was not at my computer, my character would have not turned around, let alone fought back. Lastly, I thought that if you hit someone with pvp off, a message comes on the screen telling you as much? If that's the case, the other player would have been warned.

So essentially, despite showing no aggression, treating the end with respect, and clearly not there for fighting, I was killed from behind with pvp off when I didn't even fight back. Classy right? I thought there was a War World for this kind of thing. Worse still, when confronted about this, the other player did not even offer so much as an apology. Another player did kill me when I respawned in the end, and did apologize. That's all I wanted.

(and before anyone says, I know what happens when the end has pvp off with the destruction etc. - I was not involved in any of that).

Long story short, I lost full diamond armour, a full set of diamond tools (minus the hoe), a stack of apples, 139 levels and other miscellaneous blocks all because people are taking advantage of loopholes in pvp off. Btw, I'm not looking for a refund.

So to get back to the point of the story, any word on a fix for this? Or can any other solution be reached? Off the top of my head, have a split path near end spawn where if you go left there is to be no pvp, if you go right there is?

Just kinda bs is all.

F15h3r
You can't turn pvp off in the end, as it's been stated the End is pvp and going there is at your own risk. I'd suggest being very careful when going there and not going afk incase something like this happens again~
Okay see, I wasn't aware of that. The situation has changed a lot, and when I typed pvp off it said that it was off. Still, players should be considerate enough to not attack non moving, unarmed players. Draw a line under it I suppose. Danny you can lock this thread if you can.