Welcome to Minetown!
To join our community, please login or register!
Internet Explorer
Internet Explorer is not supported. Please upgrade to a more modern browser.

[Enjin Archive] SPAWN of DOOM - Discussion
Started by [E] Afroman

Escape From Spawn Gauntlet

Please Read Before You Judge Me!

As I have admitted,

I was also a little disoriented entering Minetown’s Spawn for the first time. Why are people so confused? Some people read signage, others read the forums, most ignore both and simply want to dive into MCmmo like a boss. Unfortunately this leaves people spamming chat and the forums with the same old mundane questions.

What are the FAQs guests spam chat with?

1. How do I build?

2. How do I become a member

3. How do I chat in Global?

4. Where / why / how / what

This is obviously a drain on Staff, Members and Donators.

I would like to suggest:

A new and or renovated spawn area which players interact with.

How would this work?

Everyone spawns in a room or closed off area. There is a main corridor in which ground signs are placed everywhere. The objective is simple, escape from spawn. The idea is to make people actively read signs and instructions, rules and so on. Each corridor would eventually split off into 2 or 3 directions, leading into more corridors with more signs.

Optional entrances to the next series of corridors is blocked by a /warp sign teleport type setup. If players select the wrong corridor to walk through, they are sent back to the beginning of the spawn location.

How do they select the RIGHT door to walk through? Simply ready the signs

“But I’m not a noob, why should I have to do it?”

Surprisingly it doesn’t seem to matter with some players. It is known that veteran members of Minetown still break rules, use abusive language, exploit and get banned for it. Having a constant reminder of the rules, game policy and processes would help keep players informed and in check.

“Spawn looks fine the way it is”

I’m not trying to impose myself on an established feature in Minetown’s city-centre. The new spawn doesn’t have to look radically different, other than being larger, possibly with multi-lever to save on space consumption.

Proposed Spawn Gauntlet Sign content:

1. Can’t build? Visit www.minetown.net and select the “join us” tab

2. How do I get GM mod/admin help ingame?

3. Can’t chat? Press T then /ch g to speak in Global chat

4. Is it acceptable to steal?

5. Is it acceptable to break what you didn’t build?

6. How do I lock my doors and chests?

7. How do I protect my land? > Requirements

8. How do I set up a warp? > Requirements

9. How do I make gold?

10. Still confused? www.minetown.net /wiki

That’s it guys,

I welcome all comments, pointers and critics.

Awesome idea ^^
We are already planning an optional tutorial of this kind on the new map.

Thanks for the suggestions although.
sawine wrote:
We are already planning an optional tutorial of this kind on the new map.

Thanks for the suggestions although.

*heart snaps in two*

oh ok <object class="emojione" data="https://resources.enjin.com/1489581540/themes/core/images/emojione/svg/1f600.svg?0" type="image/svg+xml" standby=":d">:d</object>
These kinds of ideas were shot down/considered in another thread anyway ^^; but thanks for trying! Can't wait to see what the New World will look like <object class="emojione" data="https://resources.enjin.com/1489581540/themes/core/images/emojione/svg/1f600.svg?0" type="image/svg+xml" standby=":d">:d</object>