Welcome to Minetown!
To join our community, please login or register!
Internet Explorer
Internet Explorer is not supported. Please upgrade to a more modern browser.

[Enjin Archive] Minecraft Building BluePrints
Started by [E] lowndsy

hi guys,

im looking at creating a series of blueprints for different buildings for people to create on the game,

what ways do you create blueprints?

at the minute i use the grid system on paint, fill in each individuual square and this takes ages.

surely theres a faster way out there?

maybe someones even created a program to do it?

thanks
you can get a maths copy (the ones you use in school).. and draw it.

Thats what I do
http://www.mcschematics.com/index.php?board=6.0

There are more I think. JUst do a google search and look around on youtube for how to videos.
There was a program that was supposed to let you do that, but to my recollection, it was a piece of shit. Half the time I couldnt even get it running, the other half it crashed when I tried to draw a circle. I should have listened to my dad and learn how to do programming, because the poor lot that created these..well, lets just say Im glad I didnt pay for it, otherwise I would be very, very unhappy.
There is a website to create your own, but I forgot it. I'll try and find it again for you.
The last two posters were probably talking about MCEdit, it seemed like one of those poorly made programes. But it worked fine for me. I used it to import blueprints into my single player world files and I also dissected large blue prints to smaller ones so I could take measurements and see details. Took a bit of reading but I thought it worked quite well.
Minedraft.net is a sort of blue print thing that you can make and then link so people can check it out...
I use Minecraft Structure Planner - make sure you follow the instructions about having the latest Java installed, and no older versions, for it to work. I find it is great as you can do layer by layer planning and it gives you a 3D model of what it will look like, plus lets you know how many resources you need for it (exactly how many blocks of each type) so you can get all you need before you start building.