Welcome to Minetown!
To join our community, please login or register!
Internet Explorer
Internet Explorer is not supported. Please upgrade to a more modern browser.

[Enjin Archive] My opinion on MineCraft recent updates.
Started by [E] Arz0n [1]

(This is mine and other peoples opinion thread, I'm not telling Mojang how to run the game it's just some opinions on the game)

It kinda feels that since 1.8 Mojang has been making some pretty stupid/useless updates to the game. Also their making the game way to easy.

~Potions

Potions made this game hella easy and unrealistic and RPG like.

~EnderDragons/The end

I think that Enderdragons are too Medieval. Instead they should have added something like sharks, or birds. Endermen, I don't mind endermen. I wish they only broke natural blocks like grass/sand/stone/leaves. The end is probably the worst, Mojang added credits after defeating the dragon, therefore MineCraft has a story line. Defeat a dragon? I thought it was suppose to be a Free-Roam sandbox where you can do anything you want, well according to their trailer.

~Sprinting/Hunger

Not too big of a deal but does make the game easyier, i miss me and my friends running away from a spider that was owning us, now we can just sprint.

Hunger is just.. sad...

~Seeds

Mojang has definatly been messing with seeds and such. Theres usually rare ones that are good but now you always spawn near 500 trees. no flat land to make a house.

~Future Updates

Mojang said an they were thinking about quests involving npc's. <--- This update will probably make me downgrade MineCraft and never play Multi-Player again :(

I miss when MineCraft was just a basic game. :(

Also i've searched around the forums and found a really cool suggestion to add to seeds, Volcanoes <object class="emojione" data="https://resources.enjin.com/1489581540/themes/core/images/emojione/svg/1f642.svg" type="image/svg+xml" standby=":)">:)</object>.

What do you guys think of these updates?
well, a lot of these have been a long time in coming. the dragon for example has been on the waiting list for years now with the end

Hunger is an atribute that honestly can be annoying at times, but considering the game mode is 'survival' makes perfect sense. I prefer the game o have some challenge to it...other wise it would just be creative where you have to find blocks and not fly...

NPC Quest. Just because it is planned doesnt mean we will add it, or that you have to use it.

I do miss some of the simplicity to it, but when you get on a highly active MP game, a lot of changes will be made to please the masses.
I like most of the ideas and things that they've added and are adding. It provides new things to explore and experience and learn about. If Minecraft hadn't updated reqgularly I would have stopped ages ago. The thing that makes it so fun is that it's free reign and they're always improving. This is just my opinion. However, I do miss the simplicity, like Zionia said. I'd have to agree with Zionia again on hunger. It makes it more realistic, even know it is annoying. I like it better than the old way - lose health and you eat a piece of food to immediately replenish it.
Arz0n wrote:

~Potions

Potions made this game hella easy and unrealistic and RPG like.

If you have ever played single player from scratch, you would NOT say that. In Minetown you can run around buying all the ingredients you want, in SSP you need to go to the Nether (Making you diamond tier already) and fighting off blazes for rods, killing magma cubes for cream and searching for warts. It may make the game easy when you have them, but it makes the game a lot harder getting them.
Arz0n wrote:

~EnderDragons/The end

I think that Enderdragons are too Medieval. Instead they should have added something like sharks, or birds. Endermen, I don't mind endermen. I wish they only broke natural blocks like grass/sand/stone/leaves. The end is probably the worst, Mojang added credits after defeating the dragon, therefore MineCraft has a story line. Defeat a dragon? I thought it was suppose to be a Free-Roam sandbox where you can do anything you want, well according to their trailer.

Too medieval? You mean fantasy I suppose. But this is a game where we are running around hitting each other with swords, shooting each other with bows, lighting fires with flint and steel. I don't lump Minecraft into a time period, but if I had to, it would sit somewhere around medieval. Minecraft can't get too medieval, only too modern.

As for The End, I was very disappointed with that update also. The Enderdragon isn't really hard to kill at all, just a grinder. The Endermen are better now thanks to the fact Notch limited what they can take and buffed them (A lot), so I don't have any issues with them. But the credits scrolling down the screen at the end? The two god like creatures talking about you in third person? It was the worst thing Mojang did. That is why I will never kill the Enderdragon in single player until a mod allows me to skip them.
Arz0n wrote:

~Sprinting/Hunger

Not too big of a deal but does make the game easyier, i miss me and my friends running away from a spider that was owning us, now we can just sprint.

Hunger is just.. sad...

Minetown is set to default easy, making hunger not a big deal if you have no food. Normal mode takes you down to half a heart. Hard kills you. I play single player in normal difficulty, and food is a priority. Say it was the middle of the night, I had half my hunger gone and there's two chests in front of me. One has food, the other has armor and weapons. I would go for the food, because I have a chance I could climb a tree or just fight off the monsters, but hunger would kill me, no chance of survival.
Arz0n wrote:

~Seeds

Mojang has definatly been messing with seeds and such. Theres usually rare ones that are good but now you always spawn near 500 trees. no flat land to make a house.

I agree. The only flat land I can find is sometimes small clearings around lakes. Even the bloody plains aren't flat, what with the tall grass and 1 block drops.
Arz0n wrote:

~Future Updates

Mojang said an they were thinking about quests involving npc's. <--- This update will probably make me downgrade MineCraft and never play Multi-Player again

If they did make Minecraft into an RPG, a lot of people would stop playing. I lurk the suggestions forums a lot (Hades3068) and everyone has made it clear they do not want classes, quests, levels used for stats and/or magic (Some magic is fine, E.G. enchantment table, others is not, e.g. Great big bloody fireball)
I wish birds and bats were added

Even better tameable
problem with flying creatures is they would lag up your game horribly. MC isnt designed for tho fliers...just look at blazes and ghasts for example
i pretty much agree with happyworm... btw sad that flying mobs lag...
I somewhat agree with happy worm

The ender dragon idea has been wrecked

I think they shouldn't of even had the end and made the dragon a overworld creature

Only one in the whole world and tameable with ender eyes

Or something like tat
I have never bee nto the end, I personally have no desire to go to a world where i have to spend mroe time grinding to kill something then it takes to build a castle...And Top it off with griefer pvp'ers who like to dump lava on you to kill...I am not a pvp'r never have been never plan on being...So Going to either the end or the nether really doesnt interest me...

However, It would be nice if a dragon spawned now and then in the main world, and flew around causing destruction!, That would be fun, cuz thats epic suvrival there <object class="emojione" data="https://resources.enjin.com/1489581540/themes/core/images/emojione/svg/1f642.svg" type="image/svg+xml" standby=":)">:)</object> lol better make your houses out of obsidian <object class="emojione" data="https://resources.enjin.com/1489581540/themes/core/images/emojione/svg/1f642.svg" type="image/svg+xml" standby=":)">:)</object>
i dont think like that:

potions: AWWWWWW YEEEAAAWWW!!!! trow poison to everywhere!

sprint: bye mosters :zombie: :spider:

quests: Bye Boredom!