Welcome to Minetown!
To join our community, please login or register!
Internet Explorer
Internet Explorer is not supported. Please upgrade to a more modern browser.

[Enjin Archive] MCBans hacked: Is your account still safe?
Started by [E] sawine

Hello,

As few of you may be aware, MCBans have been compromised between January 6-7th. Their database have been stolen along with 2757 minecraft accounts.

Minetown is not using the MCBans system, so we are safe from most of the trouble, but I would please ask that you make sure that your account has not been stolen.

You can read the full story here: (scroll down for a list of accounts)

The attackers (apparently "team essentials") are currently attacking the MCBans IRC channel and requesting its take down. Thus resulting in the whole Esper.net IRC network to be under DDOS attack.

This news is probably meaningless to most of you, but I felt to share what's going on lately in the bukkit/minecraft scene, as is it a decent matter of concern.

Cya
Low orbit MCBANS cannon.
The link isnt fully linked Sawine, just thouhgt id let ya know.
Gurgash wrote:
The link isnt fully linked Sawine, just thouhgt id let ya know.

It screwed up in the paste. Fix'd.
They have fixed the issue according to their public statement here: http://forums.bukkit.org/threads/mcbans-public-statement.53874/
LOL, reading that sorry excuse of an apology and then reading his replies to questions that I would of deemed very relevant questsion, I am reminded to remember horrible flash backs of The Great Sony Debockle...

Its clear that the guy is a mizer and a schemer, and is just doing the basic PR "have to make myself look good" speech.. I was not impressed, and am glad i never used this service..