Welcome to Minetown!
To join our community, please login or register!
Internet Explorer
Internet Explorer is not supported. Please upgrade to a more modern browser.

[Enjin Archive] My Chickens!
Started by [E] jjd712

when i logged on today i noticed all my chickens at my farm were gone. maby someone killed them or something. is there any way i can get them back?

there were a good amount of chickens i would be happy if a mod can give me my birds back!

-JJ
Don't animals despawn after a while of not being close by?

Although I am not familiar with the new breeding stuff in minecraft 1.0
In 1.8-1.0 it was changed so they don't despawn
yea they stayed spawned over the holiday season though...
the warp is jfarm if you need it
It happens, if you look around there are a couple other threads where people had their chickens/sheep/waffles/whatevers despawn. It happens. Lag, glitch, attacks, for whatever reason sometimes they die.

It just so happens that I sell chicken eggs at /warp slurthshop. You can buy til your heart's content. <object class="emojione" data="https://resources.enjin.com/1489581540/themes/core/images/emojione/svg/1f609.svg?0" type="image/svg+xml" standby=";-)">;-)</object>
Gawd, Slurth <object class="emojione" data="https://resources.enjin.com/1489581540/themes/core/images/emojione/svg/1f600.svg?0" type="image/svg+xml" standby=":d">:d</object>
... but they'l all despawn again in another day or so, so better wait til it's patched ;-P

- elissaf
I believe this will help...

If you have ever watched a farm, you will notice that the passive mob(non lethal mobs) tend to be able to glitch into the fence posts, they do this in and out of servers. All animals do this, Cows, Pigs, Sheep, and Chickens, even if you put a roof on it and raise the fence posts 10 high, they will still glitch out.

There is a way to fix this though, what you should do is keep the fence posts(If you want) But lower the ground level about 2-3 blocks so that when the animals jump, they do not touch the fence post and do not glitch out.

Basically, have 2 or 3 rows of Solid Blocks where the animals will stand on, and then have the Farm look by adding Fence Posts on top of the solid blocks.

Hope this helps!!

~Teh~
I dont think the problem is the chickens lagging out in a fence...7

And yeah if you are not active in a chunk for a certain amount of time the chickens WILL despawn it just happens

EDIT: Or someone could have just massacred them all