Welcome to Minetown!
To join our community, please login or register!
Internet Explorer
Internet Explorer is not supported. Please upgrade to a more modern browser.

[Enjin Archive] Mod like Better Enchanting that works in multiplayer
Started by [E] CyberDrifter

Does anyone know of a mod like Better Enchanting that work in multiplayer? The randomness of enchanting is one of the most irritating aspects of the game.
I'm pretty sure Notch intended it to be irritating to enchant stuff: There's no notion of what enchant your getting, It's completely random, and enchanting tables are hard to obtain (as far as single player is concerned). I consider my self lucky that we get experience from mining, farming, building, so we can make enchanted items so frequently.
Even if you tried to decode the Galactic alphabet, it's just jibberish as opposed to blunt enchantment names, so Notch obviously intended it to be random whether you can read it or not. The best thing to do is to get to Lvl. 50 using the many different sources available for leveling up, and enchanting what you want with the highest enchantment you can find. You'll most likely get 3 different good enchantments in one, so it's worth it anyway.
I'm not so sure, you should be asking for a multiplayer mod that improves your enchanting chances. it would be unfair to all the other players on the server who have to hope they get a good enchantment.
I understand your concern, I however do not see a mod like Better Enchanting to be much different than the minimap or chat mod, they just make the game more useable. I wrote a script that replaces my mincraft.jar file depending on if I am multiplayer or single player. It would be nice if that was not necessary.

As yield says, minecraft needs the little element of replayability.

Death, creepers blowing up your shit, and enchanting.

If it works everytime, it loses that little element of replayability.
Yield wrote:
I consider my self lucky that we get experience from mining, farming, building, so we can make enchanted items so frequently.

Apparently this is no longer the case. I was on a few hours excavating and building today and my XP did not change at all except when I warped to /home and lag made me loose it all because I fell through the floor and died.

I just noticed that I somehow have -1 votes on the forum, however that is possible. It seem quite petty of someone to vote me down for asking a question.
QUICK NOTE: Sayomie DID remove the Plugin that gave us XP from mining, etc, because of a few flaws, it had. You can ONLY get XP from killing MOBS now.
isoccerplayer, thank you for the update.

This makes my original question even more relevant since I doubt that Notch intended intended player to need to make an XP farm just to get enough XP to enchant, it will take quite a long time now to get enough XP to even get any good enchantment (random or not).

Thanks again,

CyberDrifter