Welcome to Minetown!
To join our community, please login or register!
Internet Explorer
Internet Explorer is not supported. Please upgrade to a more modern browser.

[Enjin Archive] Mods/Texture Packs for MineCraft
Started by [E] Crimsoniic

Greetings,

I am in search of some Mods and Texture Packs. Decided I would just ask everyone for their input. I do have a "Rule" though. Which I am sure everyone will agree on. <object class="emojione" data="https://resources.enjin.com/1489581540/themes/core/images/emojione/svg/1f642.svg?0" type="image/svg+xml" standby=":)">:)</object>

The Rule - It must be allowed for Minetown. (i.e. If breaks the rules, I don't want it.)

You can list "Single Player Mods" if you make it clear that it is only a "Single Player Mod".

Just looking for ways to enhance the Minecraft experience!

Thanks,

Crim
I currently use the default texture pack, because it helps reduce lag on my potato computer.

However both Sphax and Faithful are two other favourites of mine.

As for mods, I used to play with a Map Mod (REI's before it was discontinued). It made playing much easier and more enjoyable, though I haven't gotten around to getting another map mod since. Also, Optifine is a must-have.

You might also like stuff like InvTweaks (Inventory Tweaks) for sorting chests/inventories quickly, though I haven't bothered with that for a while. - currently not updated to 1.8, but you can still keep your eye on that thread <object class="emojione" data="https://resources.enjin.com/1489581540/themes/core/images/emojione/svg/1f44d.svg?0" type="image/svg+xml" standby=":thumb:">:thumb:</object>
I'm currently using Faithful, mainly because it looks like a really nice default pack and doesn't lag the heck out of my computer. I do have a lot of bias towards RPG packs like JohnSmith and Doku (do they still update those? I don't know...) for example.

In terms of single-player mods, I've always enjoyed the FTB, Attack of the B-Team, and Tekkit modpacks -- but that's a huge overhaul to Minecraft, not really close to vanilla...
Doku is still updated, I use all three.
I like to use Summerfields and Jolicraft, but Summerfields takes a little toying with to get banners to work since it hasn't been updated to full 1.8 yet. Summerfields is just a higher resolution version of jolicraft, both are very colorful

Visf6.jpg

jolicraft-texture-pack.jpg

summerfields_preview.jpg

Screen%20shot%202011-11-28%20at%20141955_909859.jpg