Welcome to Minetown!
To join our community, please login or register!
Internet Explorer
Internet Explorer is not supported. Please upgrade to a more modern browser.

[Enjin Archive] No posting on ban appeals rule
Started by Unknown User

I'm beginning to think the "No posting on ban appeals" rule is a terrible one. Many a ban appeal could be solved by the average member, but now we have to wait for a moderator to say exactly what we were about to. I understand why you made it, but really, if people want to flame, they will flame, and the outcome is the same, with the offending post being deleted. The rule cannot stop that. The only thing it stops is help.

Just my opinion. Don't hurt me.
Lawlz i believe in the same thing but i sometimes do get that feeling where i wanna say HOW STUPID ARE YOU FOR DOING THAT! but next time im gonna catch myself i believe that if you not apart of the problem you not apart of the solution.. IM NOT GONNA HURT YOU <object class="emojione" data="https://resources.enjin.com/1489581540/themes/core/images/emojione/svg/1f600.svg?0" type="image/svg+xml" standby=":d">:d</object>
If by solved you mean you instructed someone to post a proper ban appeal, sure I agree with you.

Otherwise there is nothing else non-staff can do to solve a ban appeal. We are not able to make the final ruling, nor have the permissions to actually pardon/unban a player.

Furthermore,

It is valuable for a busy admin to be able to look at the forums and view topics by reply number. If a thread has flaming replies it might just delay a response since a busy admin may skip the thread for another one with 0 replies, thinking that a moderator has already started working on the appeal.
Actually, most "help" being provided by regular members causes more issues than "fixing" any. Even the "use the right format" ones. Just because some people need to learn self control, doesn't mean it should be a free for all. The thread that gave rise to this one is a prime example of why people need to knock it off. If you're not involved, keep your 99 cents to yourself.
Was gunna suggest a jury and court-like formalities, but..

Too much work.
Lock this thread.

Ban appeals are to be handled by staff only as the staff have the entire say-so of what happens. Only people directly involved should be replying to the ban appeals. Mods take screenshots of the incedents that cause bans to happen in the first place so we have visual proof. Normal members have none of this and most times just make the problem more complex. I check ban appeals a few times a day. If you deserved a ban, waiting a few hours to hear back from us is nothing compared to permaban.

If you continue to post on the ban forums, you will only get yourself into hot water. We will enforce the rule if necessary...

and no jury...that has been discussed several times...it is too complex and too many people would become involved who arent necessary.

Lock please.