Welcome to Minetown!
To join our community, please login or register!
Internet Explorer
Internet Explorer is not supported. Please upgrade to a more modern browser.

[Enjin Archive] Choosing a Faction
Started by [E] hockeydance

Hello im all and all general new to this server and im not sure about factions.

a. Which one should i join?

b. What are the effects of joining one?

c. How do you start your own?

If you have some information please respond.
A. The valorian empire (valor) is currently recruting

This is their web site

http://virtus.enjin.com/home

B. gives you something to do and sometimes you make money out of it, also you get to join a community who will teach you more about this server and minecraft as a whole

C. Well... Just post on the forums about your clan and see if people want to join.
A. I suggest you join PSS (Pa Sulmansinar Sprantillianerelab), my faction. We're not very large, but we are growing, and our small size means a little less red tape and a lot more freedom to help, as your help will not just be appreciated, but actually important to the community!

If interested, go to our page here: http://minetown.net/forum/m/672632/viewthread/1525462-pa-sulmansinar-sprantillianerelab-this-thread-replaces-old-one-which-had-unrelated-posts

B. When you join a faction, you generally promise not to attack other people in your faction (not too hard if you are peaceful to start with), You are generally expected to help with faction projects occasionally, but you are not required to help all the time, and can still do your own things. However, promotions are often available (in-faction, not through minetown) which give you more power within the faction and earns you respect.

C. If you want to start your own, it's really not that hard. First, go to the factions part of the forum, and make a string for your faction, with a description, and members (you can always change this later on). Though people won't post there to start, soon you'll have lots of members, who will hopefully post in the string and keep it towards the top of the list. You can always post there yourself occasionally to make it look popular.

I also suggest that you build a city or town far from the spawn to serve as your capital for the faction, and sell lots in it. You can then try to get the people who buy lots to join the faction too. You'd be surprised how many will!

If you decide to make a faction, PSS would be happy to form an alliance with it. Furthermore, if you need land, contact me and we can set up a spot for a city not too far from our capital, Sprantillia, with a connecting road, free of charge (assuming you agree to an alliance).

Good luck to you!