Welcome to Minetown!
To join our community, please login or register!
Internet Explorer
Internet Explorer is not supported. Please upgrade to a more modern browser.

[Enjin Archive] Computer Build
Started by [E] SGT Solj

yu sohudl bui an ailenawr

translated by dolan translator
@1449902 wrote:
I removed the post I made about adding Kudos, I figured it out. I know I CAN spend the money on the i7 processor combo, but in getting it I'll end up having to change a few other items in an attempt to keep around $1000

But the things you remove are things you can add later, should you get the i7. If you get the AMD and decide it doesn't meet your needs, you'll end up spending more either way, upgrading your AM3+ socket processor or going to Intel. Not to mention a lot of time and effort as opposed to just going ahead and getting the Intel. Like I said though, it's completely up to you.
Thanks, Ill keep that in mind!
Personally, I disagree with you. I have used Intel, and AMD, and dont have a problem with either. For him, I think AMD would be a better choice, for what hes going to be doing, the difference is very minimal. Gaming, almost no difference. AMD is good with multi-cores. So, if your looking at getting performance from overclocking, i'd say AMD.
I think this would be good for the PC specs, at least this is what i would want: overclocked I7 with 8 gb of ram and 500 gb hdd <object class="emojione" data="https://resources.enjin.com/1489581540/themes/core/images/emojione/svg/1f642.svg?0" type="image/svg+xml" standby=":)">:)</object>
Just for the sake of making conversation, you'll need an i7 with a "k" appended to the model number, which indicates an unlocked multiplier for overclocking. You'll also want a board with a z97 chipset (or better) for overclocking (Asus and Gigabyte make some good ones, those are the brands I usually use), along with a good cooler.

I don't recommend liquid cooling because it can introduce a whole new set of issues, unless you get a premade loop like an H80i or H100i (H100i would be better for OC) that Madster mentioned earlier.

If you're doing all of that you might as well take your memory up to 16G of 2400 for extra headroom if you'll be doing a lot of multitasking.

500g HDD? Pfft, get an SSD for the OS and a 2TB secondary. If you're REALLY wanting to squeeze out every last bit of speed, get another SSD or run two disk drives in Raid 0 (Or Raid 10 if you want four drives).

Next up is your Graphics Card (Which you failed to mention. GPU is one of the most important parts of a gaming setup, so choose wisely). Some people swear by NVidia, some by AMD. I don't like AMD Processors in high performance builds from my experience with them in the past, but I do like AMD's GPU's. ATI made some pretty solid chips back in the day, and you can still find alot of great performance from their successors since AMD bought them out. If you go AMD, do an R9 290x, if you go NVidia, do a GTX 780 (get the TI if you have a little extra cash, which you probably do if you build all the other crazy stuff listed). You could run duals in Crossfire/SLI just to say that you do if you like.

Anyways, time for me to wake up and get back to the real world.
thanks bill gates
Just a heads up, I just purchased the computer and should have it put together by Tuesday (once it arrives). For the list of my parts, click here.
My current specs:

CPU: AMD Phenom II x2 560 3.3GHz

GPU: MSI Radeon R7770 GHz Edition

Motherboard: GIGABYTE 880GM-D2H

RAM: 8GB DDR3 1666 MHz

HDD: 500 GB

PSU: 550W
@1449902 wrote:
Just a heads up, I just purchased the computer and should have it put together by Tuesday (once it arrives). For the list of my parts, click here.

Might have missed it, but why on earth are you getting a wireless adapter?