Welcome to Minetown!
To join our community, please login or register!
Internet Explorer
Internet Explorer is not supported. Please upgrade to a more modern browser.

[Enjin Archive] Spawn Tree
Started by [E] Eunjun

Hello Mods/Admins/Sawine and everyone in the Minetown community,

I've been working on a project. Most people here probably don't pay attention to the spawn tree, and those that have noticed it probably guess that it is quite the large tree, right? I'm currently working on a realistic looking tree (not an upright tree like in the spawn, this one has a realistic slant to it). This tree (from my estimates, since I can't use a fly mod) is going to be about three times as big as the spawn tree (but not much wider). I will be making two variations of it, as well (hopefully if this is approved, a Mod can just copy/paste the tree, and I can alter it for proper spawn usage). Currently it is just the trunk (the size is currently perfect for the spawn, however the current tree I'm working on is the full version which will be a radius of the spawn tree to the middle of the market district, including the roots and pools). However, while building I got the idea, why not suggest a more realistic replacement?

Progress: So far just the trunk, and the start of the main branches for the canopy.

Estimated completion time: If I get resources from my supplier on time, it should be done by January 15 or sooner (just for the spawn tree segment).

However, if it is good enough that the Mods/Admins and Sawine want to use my design, I could halt my work on it after the spawn tree idea of mine is done for them to copy/paste into where the spawn tree is.

I'm mainly asking if any of the Mods/Admins or Sawine, or even if anyone in the community is interested in a newer, bigger and more realistic looking spawn tree. Tell me what you guys think of the idea?

Sorry that I don't have pictures yet. As I said, I haven't started the canopy yet so it is currently not ver appealing (all you see is a trunk and a big circle above the trunk, with branches connecting the circle to the trunk).

Thank you everyone for your input.

John ~ dunsjohn
Having seen the tree I can attest to it's massive size. I also know roughly how many stacks of logs have gone into making the tree and can say that so far it looks awesome.

I look forward to seeing it covered in leaves.
Everyone, Slurth = my supplier of logs. <object class="emojione" data="https://resources.enjin.com/1489581540/themes/core/images/emojione/svg/1f600.svg?0" type="image/svg+xml" standby=":d">:d</object> So far, what... 40-50 stacks of logs? And that's WITH an 80% hallow trunk to conserve (probably going to be 100% hallow to conserve money). Also, think you can start saving some leaves just in case, Slurth? Just the regular log leaves. I can supply iron in exchange for a discount? I have about 7 stacks iron, lol.
Yeah I'll start shearing leaves.
Alrighty, thanks. What about other people in the community? I still need a Mod/Admin or Sawine to tell me what they think about this idea. Please tell me your thoughts, everyone.
bump
Progress pictures (1/3 done for spawn tree idea, 1/10 done for super structure idea). Pictures are as follows:
Tree is now in the canopy phase (just starting it). Currently just drawing the canopy on a piece of paper, since using pixels is hard and I want to try to get it perfect. <object class="emojione" data="https://resources.enjin.com/1489581540/themes/core/images/emojione/svg/1f642.svg?0" type="image/svg+xml" standby=":)">:)</object> Come check it out, everyone, at /warp organization. When you warp make a 180 degree turn and walk straight, past the water fountain. If you want to go to the top you can go through the inside of the tree, or walk around to the back of the tree by the water for a lift.
Canopy is well under construction. The basics are 3/4 done (leaves above the main branches). Just showing the work being done, and how many of you think this'd be a good replacement for the spawn tree?
This is my current progress. I won't be able to make anymore progress for at least a week. Tell me what you guys think. <object class="emojione" data="https://resources.enjin.com/1489581540/themes/core/images/emojione/svg/1f642.svg?0" type="image/svg+xml" standby=":)">:)</object>