Welcome to Minetown!
To join our community, please login or register!
Internet Explorer
Internet Explorer is not supported. Please upgrade to a more modern browser.

[Enjin Archive] CRITICAL ERROR-- NO PLAY!!
Started by [E] Nabakaron

Hey guys, check out what happens after 2 seconds when I start up Minecraft on this new computer I've been working on.

xpbg3a.jpg

5nj67c.jpg

How to fix? Been looking it up online but no help (most people say to make a .bat file with memory limits but almost all the people that have this problem get the error after playing for 1 hour... not 2 seconds)
Guess no tech wiz figured this out yet?
from what i found on the web, it is either a physical memory problem. or a minecraft/java problem. I would try installing / reinstalling the latest java. And then re-download Minecraft.
2gb ram.....you've been working on building this computer?
You're only using 256 MB of video memory! That's your problem! Your GPU can't handle the load. You need a better graphics card, 256 just won't cut it most of the time. At least 1 gig is what you need. The system ram at 2 gig should be fine, it's low but not critical, however your GPU is rage-quitting in areas with a heavy graphical load, as 256 is really really low for video memory these days.

Go find a better GPU with at least 1 gig video memory, and you should be fine.
My other computer with 256 MB GPU runs it fine, and with less RAM. Tried re-installing... could try again though.
You need to increase your java memory. Here's some pictures.

First press start, then under search programs type in "java" and press enter.

Since you only have 2gb ram, I'd suggest typing in xmx1024m on the third picture. If you really want to try pushing it (which it'll most likely work, too) put in xmx2048m.

I run a 7gb ram system, with a 256 MB graphics card, and it works just fine (however after my last graphic card update, my minecraft just crashes randomly and goes to "windows is trying to find a solution to the problem").

Hope my "tutorial" helps you out.
Nope. That seems to do the same function as the .bat file I made. Anyways, I re-installed MC and it didn't help. Might reinstall Java next. At least I can play L4D2 and some MMOs on this computer in addition to surfing the web while playing MC on the other one. (even if they are roughly the same) Could be worse.
You might just need to do a system restore to when the current computer worked with MC, and then res install everything (since a bunch of it would be errored when doing a system restore, but it 90% works for me whenever I do that for various programs).
Never worked with it. Reinstalled MC and Java, No dice