Welcome to Minetown!
To join our community, please login or register!
Internet Explorer
Internet Explorer is not supported. Please upgrade to a more modern browser.

[Enjin Archive] Reduce Re-use Recycle!
Started by [E] Hirobian

Greetings, I have found construction apparently made by 3Lancer and found that the whole area was not protected.

I looked up the nickname 3Lancer on these forums and found out there are two users with that name...alright, I also looked at the "Last seen on..." info and they have both been inactive for a month or more.

My point of view: someone who leaves their things and creations unprotected and go inactive are either complete newbies or ...kinda stupid.

But considering other possibilities I wonder if banned users loose their land wrights, if they do...maybe 3Lancer was banned?

In either case, I wish to claim the land and its contents (claim includes wrights and protection). I rather not let all of this go to waste and protect it from greifing...maybe I'll take the time to complete the incomplete building.

P.S. Admins/Mods, you will most likely need the coordinates to look into this request, I have not left it on this post since anybody will see it and I wish to avoid griefers and theft. Please leave me a message asking for the coordinates and I will happily reply A.S.A.P. so that we may know what to do with this seemingly abandoned project.

Best of hopes, Hirobian.
hirobian how is this fair? usually abandoned land or banned peoples land is world edited away... im sure other people have come across this problem and not been able to claim it... just leave i think.

thanks

jackissuperduper
send them a message at least hirobian. Or check there posts to see if they said anything sbout going offline for a while.
Just put the co-ordinates down here, if someone griefs it the admin/moderator will use Hawkeye. Also, you have to message them first, and in my opinion a month of inactivity isn't long enough.
Remember the time of year, Hirobian. Most of our players are students... Highschool and below, or College. Take into account that for the past two months, papers have been due. Tests have come up. Finals, end of year. It's a big time of year for many people.

Also remember the holidays and how busy that can keep people. That is my opinion on the matter.

And thank you for submitting this here instead of just going ahead and claiming without permission, that was a very good call. Always remember, you have to get the owner's permission before touching anything. So I commend you for taking the safer rout.

But I do suggest you give it a bit longer and message them. Send an in game mail... send a note on the forum even. Find out because well... there is every chance that they have just been waiting on the holidays or break so they can come back and return to building.
jackissuperduper wrote:
hirobian how is this fair? usually abandoned land or banned peoples land is world edited away... im sure other people have come across this problem and not been able to claim it... just leave i think.

thanks

jackissuperduper

Adandonned land = wasted.

No action most often gives fruitless results.
Coffeey wrote:
send them a message at least hirobian. Or check there posts to see if they said anything sbout going offline for a while.

I had not taken the time to think about that last night/morning since it was 3 a.m. and I was to tired to stay online or think straight. I must admit I made a mistake not thinking about leaving a message, atleast I posted this topic to get help about it. <object class="emojione" data="https://resources.enjin.com/1489581540/themes/core/images/emojione/svg/1f642.svg?0" type="image/svg+xml" standby=":)">:)</object>
Happyworm360 wrote:
Just put the co-ordinates down here, if someone griefs it the admin/moderator will use Hawkeye. Also, you have to message them first, and in my opinion a month of inactivity isn't long enough.

Avoiding grief is better in the firstplace... Also I agree about the time period for inactivity, as stated previously, I was way to tired to think properly last night/morning.
pyrefangs wrote:
Remember the time of year, Hirobian. Most of our players are students... Highschool and below, or College. Take into account that for the past two months, papers have been due. Tests have come up. Finals, end of year. It's a big time of year for many people.

Also remember the holidays and how busy that can keep people. That is my opinion on the matter.

And thank you for submitting this here instead of just going ahead and claiming without permission, that was a very good call. Always remember, you have to get the owner's permission before touching anything. So I commend you for taking the safer rout.

But I do suggest you give it a bit longer and message them. Send an in game mail... send a note on the forum even. Find out because well... there is every chance that they have just been waiting on the holidays or break so they can come back and return to building

I agree, I believe I would have thought about that if I wasn't so tired. I agree and I will send ...which ever of the two 3Lancers started that construction... a message to check on them <object class="emojione" data="https://resources.enjin.com/1489581540/themes/core/images/emojione/svg/1f642.svg?0" type="image/svg+xml" standby=":)">:)</object>.

BUT please take in account that the whole project IS NOT PROTECTED. I have no idea why this person did not protect their land, can I atleast request protection for them? (Basically I am asking for them, for all wrights and protection to the land to go to them, once protected, even I will not be able to do anything and it will be as if they did it all on their own.)
I support this action, assuming the land is abandoned. There are tons of cities and structures going unused, abandoned, or griefed to death. The map has plenty of room, even around spawn, but the clutter of long since gone players or players first cobblestone box that was never torn down litter the landscape...

Honestly, I've been thought about seeing if I could open a real estate, non profit, business with mod/admin support. Finding structures that look abandoned, looking up the status of the protection holder/block placers, sending PMs, ect. Then, posting the location/screenshot/and a sales warp on the forums, making a real estate office similar to "/warp warp", then either clearing them or selling the protection and/or demolition rights out, then sending the gold to admin shop heaven.

I'd just like to see the landscape get cleaned up, regardless of the plans for a new map.

I'd also like groundskeeper powers........ to clean all that damn snow up.
Sounds interesting Fox but you would need quite a bit of Administrator/Moderator support to get such a busyness going.

Minetown was built to be built on, to have cities and skyscrapers reach the sky! I would only expect good looking creations that aren't damaged to be protected and sold to users, abandoned and incomplete projects could be sold with contracts to have them renovated or finished and broken creations that are beyond repair would probably end up to be removed to clear space.

But anyways this is not the point of this topic. I am sending a message to 3Lancer to check on them. I still wish to help 3Lancer, admins/mods if it is possible I request, on behalf of 3Lancer, to have this creation protected from theft and grief. I only wish to aid this user and prevent his/her work to go to waste, please protect the land. Message me to get the coordinates.
excuse me but back then the protections plugin wasnt implemented, hence why no region was defined.

cya

-pred
#PredSpread wrote:
excuse me but back then the protections plugin wasnt implemented, hence why no region was defined.

cya

-pred

So this is the cause of it not being protected.

In any case, my request still stands, I wish to do 3Lancer a favor and get their land protected in their name.