Welcome to Minetown!
To join our community, please login or register!
Internet Explorer
Internet Explorer is not supported. Please upgrade to a more modern browser.

[Enjin Archive] Server freaking out
Started by [E] punkypal

Please reset the server to roughly 15 minutes before this post.

I was the only player on Agharta. The server had a hiccup and backed everything up roughly 30 seconds. This caused me to be surrounded by mobs that suddenly appeared and killed me before I could even move or react.

After this the server went up and down like a yo-yo making it impossible to even re-spawn and retrieve my corpse.

It's bad enough I can't play as the server is 100% unplayable as I write this. I'll be a tad irate if I lose 30+ levels of exp, and nearly full bag of items and my lvl. 30 tools due to server issues. Please fix this for me.
<object class="emojione" data="https://resources.enjin.com/1489581540/themes/core/images/emojione/svg/2639.svg?0" type="image/svg+xml" standby=":(">:(</object>
With the initial issue, it appears you met some of the oddities of being logged in at the moment the server goes through the daily restart.

It does sometimes happen that a client is slow to recognize that it has lost connection to a server and it can seem during the missing connection time you are changing the world when you are not (the missing ~30 seconds). It also can happen during the stopping of the server that you will see the affects of plugins no longer controlling the server, which may lend to mobs appearing places (or in quantities) you're not used to.

I'm not completely certain the issue with the connection problems after the restart. However, Agharta was not going down, and if the chunks remain unloaded until you can get on, you may have a chance to retrieve your lost items.
Hey Punky, if you remember what you had I can do my best to help you get caught up if you cannot reclaim said items. Unfortunately hiccups like this do happen, the best we can do is try to salvage whats there and move on. I know its unfortunate, its one of the reasons why I tend to enchant things the moment I hit lvl 30 and I don't carry anything besides what I'm absolutely using.
Oh well. This was the worst one I'd encountered yet. I was exploring caverns. I suppose you can imagine how that would be the worst place to be.

I too usually carry only what I need but in this case I was at the end of my run so I was full of gold, iron, coal, cobble etc (Not to worried about the cobble though).
Like I said, try to remember the amounts of what you had and I'll see if I can't square you away. If you can't remember numbers/amounts then I'm not sure exactly what I can do for you.