Welcome to Minetown!
To join our community, please login or register!
Internet Explorer
Internet Explorer is not supported. Please upgrade to a more modern browser.

[Enjin Archive] Access to Craftbook ic components
Started by [E] neohack

Hello everyone this is more of a question then anything, and a bit of a suggestion.

about a hour ago i found this thread by sawine

http://minetown.net/forum/m/672632/viewthread/1433709-custom-integrated-circuits/post/7955688#p7955688

and you said that we cant use preconfigured IC's basically, my question is why ?

i wanted to say that a daylight sensor takes 32 moving parts without craftbook

and that with craftbook it takes one block, i think craftbook is really powerful and a lot less laggy then presumed to be

I guess what i am asking is sawine can you look over the preconfigured IC's and perhaps enable some more of them, there extremely effective

and less taxing on the server then some of the hugee things ill have to build to create a device to serve the same function

Here is the IC thread so you can see what were missing

http://craftbook.sk89q.com/wiki/Integrated_circuits

we really should have at least the basic ones, repeaters, nor gates, counter, day sensor
There are some of the preconfigured ones available. A few weeks ago I did a ridiculously ineffective sugarcane harvester that worked on a psuedo-random timer (I did say ineffective). The preconfigured ICs that are unavailable either have a high abuse risk or generally will be a source of lag.
Can you list the ic`s that you used because i don't even have access to the most basic ones i cant even build a nor gate or a clock ? is this right ? and also could you maybe have the privilege due to being a mod, as a member i have no access to any preconfigured ic`s i tried most of them.
At that time I made the setup, I was not a mod. I don't recall exactly which ICs I used, but it involved a detector and a "random" output.

I will check what's available for members when I have a chance and share the results, likely update the wiki. Though you may find it faster to simply go through the list and test for yourself what you can create. Just be mindful to not create suspicious setups (such as potential dupe machines).
I have personally requested for an admin to install one for me and I was told that it causes lag when abused and even if your the only one using it... It could overtime cause an issue with Lag. I think it would be great for the server but then again I don't want anymore lag so I say No to IC's