Welcome to Minetown!
To join our community, please login or register!
Internet Explorer
Internet Explorer is not supported. Please upgrade to a more modern browser.

[Enjin Archive] Leaving MT of 1 year

I am leaving mine town for a year. I have made this decision based on several reasons:

1) Staff shortage

2) When members and donaters come up with idea's to help bring people to the server and get met with anger and get told No. Why should that person stay when they are treated that way. Would you stay on a server like that and encourage them to vote on said server?

3) When people offer to help staff (while yes Leron did allow me to remodel South9k Warp site) and get met with No's or maybe's. I mean that right there does not make a player feel like they are apart of a server.

4) You want people to stay on the server well make them feel welcome. Help them, Be nice, show that you care about them being here. If you want a server to grow that's the number 1 thing to do please new people. Old timers like me and a few others wont be around forever and you will need new people to pick up on the donations and votes etc.

5) The mood of the server needs to change. As it stands currently it feels like you are constantly fighting people. This has created a atmosphere of hate and anger and bitterness. The server needs to get an up beat can d spirit.

6) Encourage great works by players not by the mods/admins/helpers. Minetown use to be build upon the members works not the mods, admins, and helpers.

7) Relax the rules, if i cant use the word dam then I don't want to be apart of a server like that. Its taking away peoples rights to use the language they wish. While i agree we shouldn't use curse but we should allow people to use words like dam. I mean really if even the staff sees the filters are a joke then it needs to change.

<object class="emojione" data="https://resources.enjin.com/1489581540/themes/core/images/emojione/svg/1f60e.svg?0" type="image/svg+xml" standby="8)">8)</object> Get more staff that actually cares about the server. If they truly care they will do what needs to be done to get new members, please them and please the old ones. Not mods who are mean and don't have time for suff because they are working on dumb stuff like a castle in the north. I'm my day of playing MT a mod saw something that needed to be done he/she did it.

9) Create a lottery. classic had it this one doesn't. use it as a way to generate voting and giving people MTC.

10) I am leaving for 1 year in that time I hope MT will change for the better because as it stands I honestly dont see it lasting.
1) We do not have a staff shortage, in fact we just added more helpers and another staff rank.

2) While members are more than welcome to come up with ideas, a lot of the common ideas that are presented to staff have been discussed/weighted/picked apart on multiple occasions. Believe me, in the time I've been staff the same recommendations have been brought forward at least four or five times and each time the same conclusion is reached.

3) As of right now there is a lot going on, a lot of changes happening for Aggy. If a player were to ask me if I needed help and it was something that I could actually have them help me with, I'd be all for it. They are also bringing in competitions/events to bring player builds into spawn. This is mentioned in greater detail in the mangers notes. I know I personally will most likely be looking for builders to help when I finalize the idea for the north3k and 9k warps, which are projects that were left up to me.

4) I would like to think most of the time the members of minetown are friendly towards everyone, especially new members. That being said, there are some who do not have the patience to deal with bridge trolls, or others who like to play by themselves and build on their own. That is the thing about servers, you get a bunch of different people and sometimes they just don't mesh well together.

5) It is unfortunate you feel this way, while sometimes I get the feeling there is hostility, normally its due to a misunderstanding. Do keep in mind that there are occasions when players bite off more than they can chew, or attempt to put their fingers in someone else's cookie jar. These moments can be met with hostility, after all, not everyone likes sharing their cookies.

6) Again, this is becoming more prominent with the build competitions that will be featured in spawn.

7) The issue with a word like "dam" is players will use it to try and get around the word filter for the alternate spelling of such word. Although I do believe that the word filter is subject to be updated and changed, I will bring this recommendation to the appropriate people.

<object class="emojione" data="https://resources.enjin.com/1489581540/themes/core/images/emojione/svg/1f60e.svg?0" type="image/svg+xml" standby="8)">8)</object> I kinda feel that this is a jab towards me, what with me being the staff working on a castle in the sky up north. I'm also currently gather resources for north9k warp and working on the road north, which are the projects tasked to me. Without Pe's there to be dealt with, or projects dealt to me I am allowed to take personal time to play the game. Yes, server projects are a priority, they should come first but every once in awhile I need a break from the grind of completing tasks to just play a bit for myself. You do not know what is going on in my life outside of the world of Minecraft, sometimes I just want to get on and relax without having to focus on accomplishing some task I've been assigned. Any time a player has asked me to come do something I have been more than happy to pop over and help/do what I can.

9) Hopefully this doesn't get me in trouble, but there has been talk of bringing back a lottery type element, but at the same time we have to make it so that everyone has a fair chance and its not just someone with a lot of money paying to win the lottery all the time.

10) I hope you enjoy your year away from Minetown and can't wait till you return. Please do keep in mind that land claims are on a two month claiming period, so if you are built close to a player you run the risk of losing said land. Granted they have to contact you in game and on the forums, so hopefully you'll pop back on to keep whatever it is you are working on. Sometimes its nice to have a little break and grasp just what is important to one's self.
I disagree with most of what you've said.

Give examples (pm me if you'd prefer to), and it'd be easier to understand your concerns. <object class="emojione" data="https://resources.enjin.com/1489581540/themes/core/images/emojione/svg/1f642.svg?0" type="image/svg+xml" standby=":)">:)</object>

If you're gonna give examples on this thread, be polite... you don't wanna offend anybody.
I will not 1-10 your reasons because most of them are the same thing twisted around and around. There are generally as many staff logged in as members, especially peak hours, so this shortage you speak of I do not see. When I joined we rarely saw staff not in hiding and the poor few who were active did literally nothing but deal with player whining. It was the reason I apologized when ever I had to make a pe . Staff are not paid, they get a few perks but otherwise are players as well. As players they SHOULD have their own projects and ways of enjoying the game, it does not matter who likes them. Their only builds that go under scrutiny of others are if they are for spawn or a warp. You did not think this consideration should apply to you. What makes you better, or your ideas better than others?

I understand extreme and unreasonable things happening. It is a large group of people with different ideas, no single player should ever be allowed control over server areas. There have been a few exceptions. You were given a very large one as a new member with south9k. You came into a new server with ideas of takeover, sorry but it does not work that way. That is called single player. Build your world there and stop harassing staff and members, trolling and greifing.

Players are strongly encouraged to survive, build and create how ever they want, Agharta is huge, find your place and make it what you want. you wanted all of the warps and access to spawn? Seriously? I have large land claims near warps, after nearly nine months there and well over 100 days of playing time. That was where I started and the area was complete wilderness at the time. No one was ever stopping you from claiming unclaimed land near one of the many many warps there and building what you desired too. That is what the server is set up for, since you can not accept that, I am glad you will be leaving. By no means feel the need to return until you can comprehend the idea of a multi player/group server.

This last paragraph is to all who read this not just Jillbucca.

I loved Agharta since February when I joined with my family, and we ran off into the wilderness and explored, mined and created on our own builds and worked in many group projects. There have been more than I could count, but you have to be willing to see from another person's perspective and sometimes go 'ok I don't see it but lets do it'. Everyone has their own ideas of beauty or what should be, no one has the right to tell another how they can or can not build (within extremes/family friendly). I have also meet many very different people, I was continually meeting new people as long as I was active. Through Minetown I know people from all around the globe, not all I get along well with, many I consider real friends and can not express how thankful I am to have them in my life.
Hey.

We appreciate your concern, but at the moment, a very large majority of what you're saying is false, and seems to be said more as a "jab" towards staff and how we're running things, which quite frankly, is offensive.

Constructive criticism is good, but when you make intentional jabs to offend people, it does no one any good. As Jack said, if you have thoughts on what you think we're doing wrong, and more importantly, ideas to fix these things, we'll be glad to hear them. Until then, bear this in mind;

We, as staff, are an extremely diverse group of people. We are a group of different ideas, different opinions, and come from many different walks of life(not to mention there being quite a few of us, so this diversity is increased). We use our ideas and knowledge to do what we feel is best for the server, but at the same time, we're human.

It's illogical to think that we can dedicate all of our time to the server and what it needs, because as a whole, it's a game; and games are played for fun. While we do put server duties ahead of average play time, taking breaks and simply enjoying the game is something we have the liberty of doing.

There has always, and will always be more things to do than there is time to do it. We hope that as members, and as other human beings, you can understand that we try our best to keep the majority happy, and do so in the best interests of the server.

In the meantime, so this thread doesn't devolve into a flame war, I am going to lock it. If you have an issue with a staff member, you may file a staff report on that player, and any further reports involving the server specifically may be sent to management members.

Thanks and best wishes,

~Pl