Welcome to Minetown!
To join our community, please login or register!
Internet Explorer
Internet Explorer is not supported. Please upgrade to a more modern browser.

[Enjin Archive] having problems staying connected
Started by Unknown User

I'm brand new to minetown and so far i really like it, but i'm having an issue i haven't had in any other server I've played in,

anywhere from 5-30 minutes of play i get this error:

"internal exception:java.net.socketexception: software caused connection abort: recv failed"

i've tried downloading a fresh minecraft.jar, I've tried deleted my .minecraft folder, and i don't have any plugins or mods running

but the problem persists.

does anyone know how to fix this?
Its either lag or the server rebooting.
Try resetting your router from time to time.
i don't think its the server restarting because my friend is playing continuously throughout the whole ordeal, and i do reset my router every few weeks but i'll try that once i get home
I only get that error when my internet connection cuts short. If you have bad signal in your area that may be the problem x
Sounds like your first time.

huehuehue
well if anyone cares i found i a fix, all i had to do was update my ethernet card's driver and no more problems
Are you playing on wifi ?

Basically this error is happening because there was a too long delay between packets of data that were received on your client.(and also by the way Minecraft is coded... :dry: )

There are a lot of chances that this is caused by your internet connection or internet service provider.

Sometimes also, your connections issues can be caused by "laggy" internet relays(depending on you location...) You can test by doing:

Start > type cmd in the search bar and press enter > type tracert mc.minetown.net > Look at the latency of the relays your connection goes through, if one is slow, it will affect your connection.

Also note that, once the tracert is "finished"(when you reach mi.123.net) you will keep receiving "Request timed out" because we have the ping feature disabled. (security against noob haxors).

Cya