Welcome to Minetown!
To join our community, please login or register!
Internet Explorer
Internet Explorer is not supported. Please upgrade to a more modern browser.

[Enjin Archive] World Edits
Started by [E] YouFoundMe

EDIT: Please help me add Pros and Cons

I know from personal experience that world edit can be very server demand and require a lot of resources but my idea is as follows:

Allow any level "Donator" to request world edits and pay for them using In-Game "Credits".

Set a price per block. For ex: 1block=5 credits so an area 5x5x5 would cost 625 Credits. and an area 15*15*30 would cost 33750 Credits.

This would allow "Donators" flatten land or dig that giant hole for some odd reason. (People like digging holes for some reason.... who knew)

Pros:

Allows big excavation projects to happen quickly.

Could be used for "Epic Creations" but at a cost. <object class="emojione" data="https://resources.enjin.com/1489581540/themes/core/images/emojione/svg/1f44d.svg?0" type="image/svg+xml" standby=":thumb:">:thumb:</object>

Increases Voting for MT as well as people donating more for credits <object class="emojione" data="https://resources.enjin.com/1489581540/themes/core/images/emojione/svg/1f44d.svg?0" type="image/svg+xml" standby=":thumb:">:thumb:</object>

Cons:

More work for admins :banghead:

Increase server load for brief time (Might do world edits at a scheduled time each night if someone is online ((once a week or something)) )

Just want to add that the server load can be mitigated by breaking work up into much smaller sections and with //fast. But you could could still consider that a con even, as it takes much more time for whoever is doing the work.
WorldEdit and WorldGuard are 2 powerful and polyvalent plugins. Althought I don't think it's possible to limit the size of the area a person can claim/interact with it and there are so many features that we just need to forget one and it could be deadly for the server... There are for sure at least 30 different ways to completely screw up a server using those 2 plugins. So it's kinda out of the question to give members WE or WG access.

And WE land clearing cost money for a reason; to make it less common.

On the new 1.0 map, we will be using Towny which should make some things easier on both members and staff side. (although land clearing wont be one of them lol, sorry)

Cya
I think you misunderstood me sawine (I'm very vague with Ideas sometimes) I wasn't saying give us access to the //wand (WE or WG) but letting donators make PE's requesting WE available

Example:

1) I am a $5.00 Donator so I can request a WE via a /pe new

2) I mark out the area I wanted reduced with a sign stating the size and projected cost.(10Wx10Lx10D = 1000blocks)

3) Then I wait for an admin / mod to come along and review my request

4) The Admin then request the "MT Credits" and clears then land.

--- WorldEdit "blocks" count all blocks including Air so if a person wants a Mountain flatten it would be more expensive due to the 3D polygon area

Its just an idea that could spark more donators and voters.
youfoundme001 wrote:
I think you misunderstood me sawine (I'm very vague with Ideas sometimes) I wasn't saying give us access to the //wand (WE or WG) but letting donators make PE's requesting WE available

Example:

1) I am a $5.00 Donator so I can request a WE via a /pe new

2) I mark out the area I wanted reduced with a sign stating the size and projected cost.(10Wx10Lx10D = 1000blocks)

3) Then I wait for an admin / mod to come along and review my request

4) The Admin then request the "MT Credits" and clears then land.

--- WorldEdit "blocks" count all blocks including Air so if a person wants a Mountain flatten it would be more expensive due to the 3D polygon area

Its just an idea that could spark more donators and voters.

Pe's are not only available for members and up, Not only donators.

End of transmission.
I am aware of this Electric, I was one just a member <object class="emojione" data="https://resources.enjin.com/1489581540/themes/core/images/emojione/svg/1f644.svg?0" type="image/svg+xml" standby=":roll:">:roll:</object>