Welcome to Minetown!
To join our community, please login or register!
Internet Explorer
Internet Explorer is not supported. Please upgrade to a more modern browser.

[Enjin Archive] LIMIT THE AMOUNT OF ONLINE GUESTS!
Started by Unknown User

i find it pretty ignorant that a guest could come on the server and ignore all the signs the owners and admins put time and effort into making for there benefit.. and then rage quit when nobody answers the questions they ask, that are clearly stated on the spawn signs

obviosuly though not all guests are like this... hopefully
THANK YOU!!!! Finally someone understands my pain!! I totally have the same opinion, I also think number of online guests should be limited. Maybe there is a plugin for Bukkit that limits the number of stupid questions you can ask in an hour...
i just have a problem with not being able to get on
It does seem that we have an overwhelming amount of guests, perhaps a guest server with the spawn city in it would suffice until you are white-listed, That means a server with 200 slots, it would be money well spent
seperate servers = unable to help = guests leave = new problem
Coffeey, You seem to complain about guests a lot. I agree there is an insane amount of guests, However I dont think you understand, (Throughout all the threads you have created on this) Guests are funding Minetown. New Blood = New People to Donate. More people = More donations = More improvements.

Guests arent going anywhere, and while they might try to manage how they act or where they spawn, I SERIOUSLY doubt a separate server is ever going to happen. We need the new players, For minetown to expand, you have to deal with the guests.
perhaps then we should have a guest city that has signs that explain all the commands and helps out with more through instructions then the spawn city help?
DrewISgod wrote:
Coffeey, You seem to complain about guests a lot. I agree there is an insane amount of guests, However I dont think you understand, (Throughout all the threads you have created on this) Guests are funding Minetown. New Blood = New People to Donate. More people = More donations = More improvements.

Guests arent going anywhere, and while they might try to manage how they act or where they spawn, I SERIOUSLY doubt a separate server is ever going to happen. We need the new players, For minetown to expand, you have to deal with the guests.

Drew i didnt create this thread? And as far as i can see i only posted 1 post on this thread, no more than anyone else. I didnt even complain that much in the post. And i have posted a thread before on guests but only to try to ask if there was any way to decrease lag from them. And as a matter of fact some of the points made in the thread (seperate guesta and members chat) is actually in use now.

But yes im trying to cut down on talking about guests altogether because ive been told the same as you <object class="emojione" data="https://resources.enjin.com/1489581540/themes/core/images/emojione/svg/1f609.svg?0" type="image/svg+xml" standby=";)">;)</object>
I think the number of guests has been effectively limited by how hellish the guest world is..... unless you mean guests in the regular world..... there's very little incentive to actually play the guest world, unless you're a hardcore explorer, as almost everything is underwater. So, yeah. since minecraft came out of beta, a lot of new people have bought the game, and so, it might just be a temporary influx of first time multiplayer users? i don't really know.....

edit: ohh...... shoulda checked the dates. sorry.
JamesKinglyFace wrote:
I think the number of guests has been effectively limited by how hellish the guest world is..... unless you mean guests in the regular world..... there's very little incentive to actually play the guest world, unless you're a hardcore explorer, as almost everything is underwater. So, yeah. since minecraft came out of beta, a lot of new people have bought the game, and so, it might just be a temporary influx of first time multiplayer users? i don't really know.....

edit: ohh...... shoulda checked the dates. sorry.

NECCCROOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Y

U

DO

DIS

Y

U

DO

DIS

DUN

WANT

READ