Welcome to Minetown!
To join our community, please login or register!
Internet Explorer
Internet Explorer is not supported. Please upgrade to a more modern browser.

[Enjin Archive] modern warfare 3: Recon helicopter
Started by [E] jandrews [1]

So, MW3; they decided to add a remotely controlled recon helicopter to the game, but some of my friends have had trouble using it effectively so i thought i would help out people who were having trouble with it.

7 Important points you should know:

1) Damage. the helicopter is fragile so if you're getting shot at then run: gaining altitude is a good way to do that, so is moving above a building if you have the range (losing altitude temporarily slows you down = bad idea).

2) Hide. before you deploy your helicopter, hide somewhere at the back of the map so that you don't get shot.

3) Speed. your helicopter is faster than an enemy that is moving so don't stop and make runs at enemies to tag them, don't stop because it is easier for them to shoot you.

4) Stealth. you don't have long, so be clever! pop up from beside buildings, through broken glass and through holes in the roof and make a quick escape after tagging your target, he wont know what hit him!

5) Detection. your cool little helicopter shows up on enemy radar so catch them while they're occupied or while their radar is down.

6) Avoidance. Novice pilots won't know that SAM turrets and rocket launchers can lock on to your helicopter, so if you hear the missile-lock noise (an electronic ringing noise) get low! missiles have trouble flying through walls. So if you see a red square while flying, either steer clear and don't fly high or sneak up on it from behind buildings and tag it for your friends. CAUTION!!! you will have 2 seconds before the SAM locks on and fires, so if you see a red laser pointed at you then get out of the way, there will be plenty more chances if your helicopter doesn't blow up. Once something is tagged then get out of the way.

7) Corner of your eye. Some targets cannot be seen by electronics but you can still see them and tag them, you just don't have the massive red marker over their head to help you, so if you see someone who might not be on your team, try and tag them... believe me they get annoyed when one of their perks becomes useless for a few minuets! OH! and i had a friend that couldn't tag people, if you cant tag people, press the fire button (THAT USUALLY WORKS)

HAPPY TAGGING!!! If you want any more help, just ask! (i can also help with real professional RC cars, i race them on saturdays) DONT BE AFRAID TO ASK (even if it sounds stupid)
wtf is tagging? like spotting in BF3?
GammaGames wrote:
wtf is tagging? like spotting in BF3?

No, BF3 has real physics.
Tagging is when you aim the helicopters camera box at an enemy player an press the fire button, if you are close enough the box will glow red and you can tag the player, tagging is when your helicopter records the current location of the player and relays it to your team's radar. For every player tagged that was killed you will earn a +20XP bonus as well as the initial +100XP for tagging them in the first place.
And yes i have to admit BF3 has real physics and brilliant vehicle controls, but COD MW3 is designed to be focused on the troops and therefore has bad vehicle controls, i have flown a similar helicopter to that in real life and they are faster and actually crash, but hey, if you can get better at something then...WHY NOT???
But the physics..
the physics is brilliant on battlefield and i like battlefield too but you have to work with what you have, and to be honest its really fun to use killstreaks to annoy the heck out of people. the point is to make what is available as effective as possible to get the best scores, there is no doubt that the physics is fun and both games have their merits and downfalls. As far as the games go in my opinion they are fun for different reasons.
but it's even funner to kamikaze a group of snipers <object class="emojione" data="https://resources.enjin.com/1489581540/themes/core/images/emojione/svg/1f609.svg?0" type="image/svg+xml" standby=";)">;)</object>

trust me

oh and if you level up recon class enought in BF3 you get pretty much the same thing, but it's only black and white and doesn't have time limit (and if you ram into people hard enought they die)
i was just trying to say that, even though the WM3 one isn't as good as the BF3 one i was just trying to make the best of what is available in the game, i wasn't saying it was better than BF3, i was just giving you some tips to work with the MW3 version.
1939.jpg

But the physics..

P.S. : We're kidding.