Welcome to Minetown!
To join our community, please login or register!
Internet Explorer
Internet Explorer is not supported. Please upgrade to a more modern browser.

[Enjin Archive] Revamp?

I had an idea of revamping the classic server Example:

1) Returning the market back to the old market place, While having a portal to the current market place.

2) An exchange for Diamonds and Gold to MTC at the Bank.

3) Automatically routing Guests to Classic until they complete the tutorial or application. Then they can go to the other servers.

4) Having new Moderator Positions made just for classic (so they can manage just classic and it is easier)

5) Return the Hospital to the Automatic health.

I think this would be a good idea. It would ensure that Classic remains a vital part of Minetown as the Original server while also allowing the Guests to get a feel for what mine town is about. Also, It might help boost members.
interesting concept

1) The old market had been changed several times, especially to facilitate the amount of people played (when there was 100+ people on at a time)

the new one is more refined and smaller for the time being, if more join then possible markets would be established

2) We had that dia=gold=iron exchange, not exactly the best way, people will buy the iron/gold/dia but if one was to established it would be buying them for a really low price

3) Classic is more for nostalgic purposes, letting guest roam what members built over the years wouldnt be as fulfilling to them

4) I can understand this but its just as simple to pop in to Agharta and ask for assistance from a mod, there should be more active ones now

5) Will take this into consideration, more to follow

Im sure other mods will put their input, but this is mine and my understanding as it is. But otherwise excellent ideas
Ideas and suggestions are always welcome, and I do want to assure you that some of these topics have been brought up but overall classic is, and shall remain a museum of sorts unless staff suddenly decides to change their minds (not very likely).

A major issue with activating classic market is the MTC we have is for both servers. Old players could essentially sell/buy and make a huge profit going between the two market places.

As for #2, I am strongly against this. We had one in classic and it didn't work very well. Ontop of that it gives an unfair advantage to players who built gold farms or Iron farms, basically promoting afk farming.

With Number 4, it kinda ties into classic being a museum. While I know some players still play, its not meant to be the current popular server. That being said, I think with number four, implementing a sort of 'cross server chat' if only for the moderators to see might help with that sort of thing. Or perhaps combining the PE system for Classic and Agharta. Who knows. But like xk said, it takes a second to pop over to a server and say you need staff. I know most of the time when its quite on aggy I will pop over and check on the other servers, with the increase in active staff I forsee that becoming easier to manage and pe's from classic being answered in a timely fashion.
-- I too have to agree with what Nova and Xk_Cortex said about classic, while it is a very amazing place and hold many memories for all of us it stands now the Agharta is our new home. All the ideas that you brought up about classic could also be tied into Agharta. As far as Moderating the Classic server. I still swing by occastionally and check up on PE's etc. If you have any ideas for Agharta though I would personally love to hear them. Thanks for your ideas and it really helps to hear from our players what they would like to see.

YFM