Welcome to Minetown!
To join our community, please login or register!
Internet Explorer
Internet Explorer is not supported. Please upgrade to a more modern browser.

[Enjin Archive] Concern with Multiple Bans
Started by [E] imthelag

In regards to this locked thread: http://minetown.net/forum/m/672632/viewthread/1657901-appealing-wrongful-ban
DanniDorrito wrote:
Deus_Lemmus banned you for harrassing a player, you went into his home uninvited with swords out and the player was very alarmed. An admin was contacted to the site, when Deus arrived you went to him and started hit him with your swords (Failed as we have pvp off).

You will be unbanned but if you dare step foot in an area uninvited again you will be perma banned with no chance of a reconsider.

I want to clear up EXACTLY how three of my friends entered a region, "uninvited".

At least on of these three friends were invited to my home over 5 days ago. I change my /home location to wherever I am currently working, since I can always get back to my true home with a town warp. From my understanding of the home plugin we are using, once you /home invite <player> they do not get uninvited should you change your home location.

24 November 2011

I was invited to a new region by a player, I believe his name is R3ady11 or similar, and he gave me build permissions inside his region. Since this region is 8000 blocks away from my town warp, and since it was my current project I changed my /home to that location. While AFK, at least on of my friends used /home imthelagto find out where I was, since I clearly wasn't answering vent or the chat if I was AFK. The remaining players teleported to each other. By the time I returned the region owner and the admin Deus were ordering everyone to leave. Approx 20 minutes later everyone was banned but me.

Up until this point my friends have caused no problems on Minetown. I am VERY concerned about this because I have more players I wished to migrate to this awesome server after we just closed our top-100 server of 8 months last week. Before I recommend anyone else apply or donate a single dollar, I have one pinpointed concern I'd like addressed:

Do the Owner, Admin, and Mods not realize the snafu /home <player> can cause?

A player teleporting to a home will most CERTAINLY have the opportunity to miss any warning signs or messages that they are trespassing.

How can a ban be made on such an assumption that a player knows where they are at all times?

And how does mere presence equal harassment?

This was a HUGE misunderstanding that I hope does not occur again, because the opportunity will always exist for people to visit a migrated home.

P.S. Another 'guilty' friend was DaOldMan who made the same mistake of /home imthelag and was mistakenly labeled a trespasser. I'd like to appeal the ban on his behalf because using public teleportation should NEVER count as forceful entry.
Hello,

As you said, this situation seems to be a big misunderstanding, this is the first time players were banned for such reasons. I was not online when this happened and usually Devanhoe (Deus Lemmus) doesn't ban people for random reasons.

Although everyone is human and mistakes can be made.

From what I've been told, your friends followed someone into his house and had swords in their hands and that person contacted Devanhoe about it, he tp'ed there and your friends started waving their swords at him, so he "instantly" believed the story he was told by the player (that there was people to come and kill him into his house or pvp annoy him...)

Sorry for the inconvenience this may have caused, things usually don't happen this way.

I hope you and your friends have a nice time on Minetown.

Cya
Things can always be fixed when everyone acts mature and normal
There is a way to uninvite people from your house. I believe it is /home uninvite
Excellent. Lock this thread or nuke it from orbit.
Reggief wrote:
Things can always be fixed when everyone acts mature and normal

Thanks for reassuring me, I look forward to coming in after work.