Welcome to Minetown!
To join our community, please login or register!
Internet Explorer
Internet Explorer is not supported. Please upgrade to a more modern browser.

[Enjin Archive] Guest Threat of Uber LAG
Started by [E] photosacred

i have been playing on the server for a while now and i just donated today. While online i noticed a huge amount of lag to the point where i found it necessary to post this here. I took a screenshot with /who and tab to find that most of the issue looks to be terrible latency of GUESTS the members online looked to have a good connection. Just wanted to see if maybe a guest limit could resolve the issue or if a ping limit would possibly fix the issue of this unplayable lag
The bars for other players are irrelevant to server lag. Especially considering that different people will see different bar levels. In your screenshot, I have a "weak" connection, but most of the time, I see that I have a strong connection.

The real issue is neither composition of the players nor what they're individual connections are, it's the fact the Minetown is now running on an unstable server wrapper with a mix of unstable and outdated plugins. As Bukkit approaches a recommended version and plugin developers catch up, lag sources will decrease and play will again be consistently enjoyable. In the meanwhile, be patient and report any verified bugs to staff. They will work the best they can to get things resolved.