Welcome to Minetown!
To join our community, please login or register!
Internet Explorer
Internet Explorer is not supported. Please upgrade to a more modern browser.

[Enjin Archive] Updated your MineCraft and can't play MineTown? Can't even play multiplayer? Read here.
Started by [E] #PredSpread

PLEASE NOTE IT IS NOW COMPULSORY FOR YOU TO UPDATE TO MINECRAFT 1.0.1 AND YOU MUST NOT DOWNGRADE TO 1.8.1. THIS GUIDE WAS A TEMP. FIX WHILE SERVER WAS CHANGED TO 1.0.1

Before the series of threads roll in asking how you roll back your MineCraft, I've made a guide to prevent spam.

Stickied. Thanks.

OK. If you've updated, for a start, you can't play MineTown or the majority of servers because the server update is going to take longer than the client update, so be patient.

For starters, if this works for you, please like the post and post on my wall with a thank you. Helping feels much better with a thanks!

Second, it's easy to rollback. Simply download the client from www.minecraft.net and update it. This will update to the NEWEST one, you're not finished. Once you've updated, delete the minecraft.jar from your "bin" folder in your .minecraft directory and replace with the one in step three.

Make sure it's in your download folder (just a precaution, desktop probably works too).

Backing up of your saves! IMPORTANT!

Before you continue to step three, it's best to back up your Single-player saves. This is probably the most complex part.

---Windows 7---

Start ---> 'Search Files and Folders' box --> %appdata% --> *Press Enter*

Double Left-click .minecraft

Right-click the folder "saves" and *copy* it to the desktop.

The rest is after step-two.

---Windows XP (and most other OS')--- Please NOTE: This section is written from MEMORY, I run Windows 7 and have done since January.

Go to "My Computer"

In the very top-right hand corner should be an empty box. Type: .minecraft and search for it

***If you already know how to search for a folder, just search .minecraft however you prefer.***

Right-click the folder "saves" and *copy* it to your desktop.

The rest is after step-two.

Thirdly, download my minecraft.jar from here: http://www.2shared.com/file/PToKKjYy/minecraft.html4 THANKS TO OKI FOR THE LINK!

*Morning Edit* Removed.

Finally, reinstate your saves. Copy the folder from your desktop and replace it with the one in the .minecraft folder, as discussed earlier.

NOTE: This is a .ZIP file, to unzip it, get WinRAR here: http://rarlab.com/download.htm and download the appropriate version according to your OS and specs.

When going back on minecraft, do NOT update.

PRECAUTIONS:

THIS WILL REPLACE ANY MODS YOU HAVE PREVIOUSLY INSTALLED. YOU WILL HAVE TO RE-INSTALL THEM AND I WILL NOT HELP YOU WITH THEM AS YOU SHOULD ALREADY KNOW! THE ONLY MODS ON THIS CLIENT ARE:

NO BEDROCK SMOG

BUILDCRAFT

THERE ARE NO MORE. TOOMANYITEMS IS NOT INSTALLED (although traces of it's existance are still there).

DISCLAIMER:

I AM NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR ANYTHING THAT HAPPENS AS A RESULT OF YOU DOWNLOADING THIS. COPYING, DISTRIBUTING AND/OR MODIFYING ANY ATTRIBUTES IS NOT PERMITTED.

Thanks guys,

-Pred x.

P.S.: I've gone to bed. All issues can be raised with... Someone else.

Thanks to TinyURL for this URL: http://tinyurl.com/Rollback181

Bai! x.
I'm not really sure about downloading a client...would I have to do it to play again?
Appdata/Roaming/.minecraft/bin

Paste it in there and it will replace your updated minecraft jar file

Here is a clean minecraft.jar without any mods on it:

http://www.2shared.com/file/PToKKjYy/minecraft.html
The link you gave me it does not work...
it doesnt?

You dont replace ur entire .minecraft folder with what I uploaded, you just paste that into the bin folder located in the .minecraft folder.
i think ill just wait for the server to update, cause when i try and change things, i tend to screw them up
YES! It worked!
It will not load ._.
so... when will the server be updated?? just out of curiosity... cause it seems as though no one's asking this question... lol my kid sister went and updated and now i'm stuck doing crap all... lol tried the fix above and didn't work >.<
yay it worked