Welcome to Minetown!
To join our community, please login or register!
Internet Explorer
Internet Explorer is not supported. Please upgrade to a more modern browser.

[Enjin Archive] "Abandoned" Fort (*Large post*)
Started by [E] Nabakaron

I was told that the place I opened a PE on was not abandoned; then who took the 50 Iron AND the coal from the furnace then emptied the ONE unprotected chest of shovels? The place is clearly either abandoned (by someone recently taking everything and leaving) or just got looted for all it could (without protections being removed from the chest). So, who owns the protected chest/put down the blocks to make the fort(which would show ownership)? Who took the loot? If it is not the same person then there is a problem. If it was the same person, I understand if they took everything but want to keep the location (It took a small amount of effort to make the fort and it isn't my place to take over other player's work if they are still active). If I had the name then I would be able to ask them if they would consider moving out for some gold/diamonds. I didn't get any response like, "This area belongs to XXX, they took their items" just "it is not abandended"

I understand this isn't a huge deal, but I was told I would only have PEs addressed while I was online and this answer doesn't seem to have effort put into it. (over the 24 hours it was open, I was online while DaDo (dannidorrito) Danny Heist Say and more Mods also where online-- I will be the first to point out that I don't know how they handle PE work load)

Also, this right after the "build contest" where I had a bridged (bridge over running water) wood/tree house with automatic wood closing door, spider webs/table with chairs/mushrooms and the use of mossy/vines for added effect. I even had a stair case to a second floor with a leaves roof that was partly open for star viewing. I feel like mods either don't or can't put the effort into the projects/paperwork they get. It shouldn't have taken so little time for the judging, and I /msg say 3 times or more asking if they went INSIDE my tree house (because if you just looked outside and though it was just a tree then you wouldn't understand the point of it at all) and I never got a response from that as well.

This might sound fairly negative but I don't want you (the reader) to believe I am negative to Minetown. I think it is a great server and I am just pointing out things that might improve it (mostly communication issues). I really enjoy the ability to connect with so many other people in this fantastic community and Mods are directly responsible for this. Without their efforts we wouldn't be able to have protection for our cities or withstand outside hacker/griefer groups.
Quick update. The player that took the items (shovels, coal, iron) has been banned.
Okay first off im pretty annoyed about your reaction to how we work. I might as well tell you our usual workload:

Guest application forms (Usually do about 50 per day each) and that comes with adding commands to allow them to become members

Petitions (All online and offline people, a consistant strain of new petitions come in every minute)

All guest questions (Help as many as we can)

All member questions (If petitions arent too busy we answer as many as we can)

100 /tells off people (Try to answer as many as we can)

Moderating the chat (Watching for language, trouble makers ect)

Moderating the forums (Locking threads, commenting threads, attaching screenshots if ban appeals etc)

Replying to all messages on the forums

Sorting out Donators perks, credits and vaults

And it that doesnt keep us busy we pre-make more vaults, research new things for the server, or having a small break and getting on with our own projects.

So i'm very sorry your answer was 'Its not an abandoned house' to your question 'Is this house abandonded as I want to claim it'. You should have asked a more specific question and included you wanted the owners name etc. You got the answer to your question that you asked, you should have asked a better question for a better answer.

We dont check chests unless a petition is opened saying they were griefed, the owner would have done that on their return.

As for the build competition, I went into every single building and wrote a list of which ones i liked. I then went back to the 'liked' buildings and double checked each one for putting them into an order of 1st, 2nd and so on. So dont you dare say we didnt put the effort in, I spent at least an hour of my time reviewing all those buildings.

You dont realise we do this as voluntary? We come back from full time work/studying, get on minetown and help as many people as we possibly can.

So dont bitch at us when you see a simple answer.
Oooo, watch out for Ms. Dorrito!

Takin' a page out of old Darth's book, eh?

Well played, ma'am. <object class="emojione" data="https://resources.enjin.com/1489581540/themes/core/images/emojione/svg/1f642.svg?0" type="image/svg+xml" standby=":)">:)</object>

EDIT: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xaA2eKABuEE
Nabakaron, I would like to add several things here.

I had to read your OP three times and I still don't fully understand what you are trying to say. Maybe you should put more thought into your questions, reread them, and ask yourself "can someone else understand this?". The staff deals with this everyday, trying to understand someones bad English.

Another thing I want to add. The staff has recently added more staff members and is working to add a group of "helpers". We are trying to find more mature, trust worthy people to help us out. Also, we are not paid, we do work jobs/ attend college, and have a life too. Occasionally we do make mistakes and/ or there are glitches in the game.

This game is still in Beta and this game has constantly been evolving, which also means it is constant work for the staff to keep up. We are all hoping that soon minecraft will release a stable version that is going to easier to maintain and be more enjoyable for everyone.

I hope this will help you understand a little bit more about how difficult it is helping hundreds of people all needing help right now.

Thank You
And this is why I love Danni... I'm thinking we need a MOD of the year award after that comeback <object class="emojione" data="https://resources.enjin.com/1489581540/themes/core/images/emojione/svg/1f600.svg?0" type="image/svg+xml" standby=":d">:d</object>
DanniDorrito wrote:
You got the answer to your question that you asked, you should have asked a better question for a better answer.

As for the build competition, I went into every single building and wrote a list of which ones i liked. I then went back to the 'liked' buildings and double checked each one for putting them into an order of 1st, 2nd and so on. So dont you dare say we didnt put the effort in, I spent at least an hour of my time reviewing all those buildings.

I though winners where posted almost immediately after the end of the contest (5-10 min)

Thanks for telling me about the effort you put in. It really makes me feel a lot better knowing someone looked at my work and judged it as a house instead of just a tree, I though we would tell you about the house during judging period (and get to point out all the different details) instead of being judged without us there. Next time, I'll prob make some sort of redstone machine instead.

What order did my wooden home get (4th,5th, 10th, not even placed)?
We judged by:

If they were completed (no missing roofs ect)

What their appearences were

Their creativity

How original their creation is

All the judges were in mumble so we went round each creation together discussing what we liked and what we disliked. It was far quicker than typing and made it 100 times easier to chose the winners.

You were mentioned but unfortunately we have had a few treehouses in the past and that particular round we had a few that used new creations that hadnt been done before.
I wish I had my new computer already so I could help lessen the workload
I wish he would post some pics so I don't have to waste time going into the game just to see what he is talking about...