Welcome to Minetown!
To join our community, please login or register!
Internet Explorer
Internet Explorer is not supported. Please upgrade to a more modern browser.

[Enjin Archive] 1.8 Profile shows that minetown is available
Started by [E] dteandy

When you run your profile with 1.8 minetown is available to choose. If chosen, there is a error written 'connection lost; Kicked whilst connecting to agharta: outdated server!' Just making it known that potential new players on 1.8 are seeing that its accessible but not really w/o changing profile.
The major problem is that it doesn't state which version is needed to run.
It may show that you can access it with 1.8, but seeing as it says "outdated server", people should be able to tell that it's not 1.8 compatable yet - - and with that amount of servers not yet updated to 1.8(looking at you, bukkit), it should be obvious what is going on.

A few simple tests of switching versions would show that it is possible to connect with a 1.7 client, along with the homepage of the website saying you need a 1.7 client.

Not really an issue, in my opinion
Bukkit had a lot of people rage quit the project over a stunt mojang pulled recently. It may be a while before it is updated if they do not abandon it altogether.
Unfortunately, yes, there's a huge fiasco over bukkit going on at the moment. The best thing we can hope for is for either A. Bukkit to get themselves together and continue work(which probably wont happen), or B. Another stable API shows up that servers can use

And now we wait....
Personally I believe Bukkit will update to 1.8 eventually It will be a little while though. Bukkit and it's remaining employees know that 3/4 of all servers running on Minecraft rely on them. So I don't personally believe Bukkit will stop updating its clients, it'll just be a little while.
No, Bukkit is practically worthless. Many of the top plugin devs (such as sk89q and Nijikokun) have moved to other server projects such as Sponge. Another one that is currently in development is a server software called Husk. Watch these projects, not Bukkit <object class="emojione" data="https://resources.enjin.com/1489581540/themes/core/images/emojione/svg/1f609.svg?0" type="image/svg+xml" standby=";)">;)</object>
It would seem to me that Minecraft 1.8 servers are quite a long way from being viable. People who play alot should realize this.

All of the servers in my multiplayer list show up as servers, but "out of date" with my 1.8 profile.

Since MicroShaft purchased Mojang, im sure a solution is being "Feverishly" sought. LoL