Welcome to Minetown!
To join our community, please login or register!
Internet Explorer
Internet Explorer is not supported. Please upgrade to a more modern browser.

[Enjin Archive] SMS - Pay-Way
Started by [E] ziziko

sawine wrote:
#Jallaf_In_Dubai wrote:
OneBip?

http://onebip.com/fees.html

Even worse, 51%
While having the SMS pay feature might be handy, I wonder as to the cost per transaction Sawine is going to have to pay on the receiving end? Someone is paying a surcharge somewhere, no matter what.

Hey! You're 13!!! It's time you had a bank account!

My parents set one up for me when I was about that age, you won't need a debit/credit card (and should not have one), but you will be able to link said account to PayPal, and just donate that way.

Ask your mum and dad! Make sure it's a checking account, otherwise you won't be able to use it via PayPal.
Well.. some parents dont think youre responsible enough to have your own bank account. And the most 13-yearolds do have their own cellphone. Youre right that someone has to pay a surcharge, but then you could add the ammount of the surcharge to the SMS. Or the website could get some sponsors or something like that so the sponsors could pay the surcharge.
ziziko wrote:
Well.. some parents dont think youre responsible enough to have your own bank account. And the most 13-yearolds do have their own cellphone. Youre right that someone has to pay a surcharge, but then you could add the ammount of the surcharge to the SMS. Or the website could get some sponsors or something like that so the sponsors could pay the surcharge.

Before this is taken the wrong way, I am not being rude.

I would think because you are young you don't understand how this works, so I'll try to explain. When you say "Sponsors" I assume you are speaking of the people who are already Donating to the server. Sponsorship usually means both parties are mutually benefited. As in, One gets advertisement and the other gets funding. Having sponsors would mean we would have to advertise for another company of some sort, to do that you have to have so much traffic on your website, ect, ect. Which would clutter up the webpage and potentially stop new members from playing/Donating costing the server even more donations.

Sawine has already looked into this, and even gone as far as to say something like "Find me a site that doesn't screw me to the wall" as he did apply for an account once, and never heard anything back from the company. Its in the works, if it can be done without loosing to much money, than I'm sure it will be done. Jace suggested this a long time ago, and I believe the only way it would work would be to put the surcharge on those wanting to donate with the phone. Meaning Instead of donating $5, you have to donate $7.50, So Minetown would still get the donation they require for the donation packages. Or have a completely seperate pricing system set up for Cell phone donations with the surcharges added in.... Im sure if you could get a backing on this it could happen, however many of those site also charge a base amount every month. So paying $25 dollars flat even if your only making $20 a month in donations through the site, you would be losing money. There has to be enough interest from the community to make it worthwhile.

Again not trying to be rude, and I would love to see it set up. I just think its going to be a huge hassle on the staff who have enough to do already.