Welcome to Minetown!
To join our community, please login or register!
Internet Explorer
Internet Explorer is not supported. Please upgrade to a more modern browser.

[Enjin Archive] The /repair command
Started by [E] Patch

As many of us know, wen you donate $35+ you get the command /repair. It is currently a 24 hour cool down and all donators of those ranks. I see no harm in letting higher up donators access to the repair command more often. For an example I have made this chart:

Command /repair /repair /repair /repair /repair /repair

Cool Down 24 Hours 20 hours 16 hours 12 hours 8 hours 4 hours

I know many people love the /repair command and use it often, I see making the cool down time sorter for higher donators one more thing to get the server more donations so that we can stay open and upgrade the server even more!

So players/donators/staff tell me what you think about my idea.
I voted to keep the cool down time the same because I think anvils should remain useful for everyone <object class="emojione" data="https://resources.enjin.com/1489581540/themes/core/images/emojione/svg/1f61b.svg?0" type="image/svg+xml" standby=":p">:p</object>
I honestly think it's good enough as it is, as it makes the tool economy more fluent and makes anvils usefull to everyone.

TD:LR Same as Jack-
For players that need repair more than once in 24 (I actually think its an odd timer like, 20 hours not 24, but I could be wrong) there is the Admin shop. I don't believe the cooldown should change. If players keep ontop of their cooldowns (I know quite a few of them do) you can repair a pic/shovel/whatever a day. During times where players aren't actively breaking picks they can catch up on the ones that they haven't repaired.

If we lowered the cooldown I have no doubt that it would become abused, especially a 4 hour cooldown. That gives players an opportunity to repair at least 4 times a day (Assuming they get 8 hours of sleep and its a weekend, which never happens)

There was a time when repair wasn't on this cool down and it was used like you wouldn't believe. I think it is great that minetown gives donators of a certain level the repair command, that's 2500 MTC's right there a day they don't have to spend out of their own pocket.

DISCLAIMER:

This is all my personal opinion, I am not acting on behalf of staff nor am I reflecting the thoughts of staff (unless you count the fact this is my opinion and what I would say if the question was brought up in staff chat). I am not attempting to put down your opinion or say that my opinion is absolutely right.
This is not the first time this has been brought up. Its not going to change just use the admin shop and be happy that we have it once a day
1.8 has significant changes to repair items. This is kinda of a mute point, until we play around with that.