Welcome to Minetown!
To join our community, please login or register!
Internet Explorer
Internet Explorer is not supported. Please upgrade to a more modern browser.

[Enjin Archive] Mcmmo Plugin
Started by [E] Patch

I was watching a Youtube video today and saw a survival server with Mcmmo, all the players seemed to love it and it looked like a really cool thing to add. I was wondering if Agharta could squeeze in one more plugin. If you don't know what Mcmmo is it's basically a plugin that allows you to level up things like:

Swords

Axes

Alchemy

Acrobats

And many more! When you level them up to a high enough level they will do things like:

Negate Fall damage

Increase damage

Breakdown armor faster

Brew faster

Now I understand those who wont like Mcmmo due to the fact that it makes the server less survival in some ways, but I think it would be good to have a new element to Minetown.
This is just my personal opinion, so please keep that in mind

I've played on a server with mcmmo...I was not so much a fan of it.
Nah
Honestly, it's rubbish. We had it on the PvP server time and time again, it just allowed some players (who spent hours grinding skills) to become completely overpowered in combat etc.

We don't need it, and I wouldn't particularly want it anyway.

Still, nothing wrong with suggesting stuff! <object class="emojione" data="https://resources.enjin.com/1489581540/themes/core/images/emojione/svg/1f44d.svg?0" type="image/svg+xml" standby=":thumb:">:thumb:</object>
In the past, I was 'for' mcmmo, because it's an interesting idea and technically it can be configured to be less "op". However, reality is that it's a poorly designed, poorly coded, buggy plugin. Further, it attracts a much less "mature" crowd, particularly dishonest players ('buggy plugin' includes broken permissions, dupe glitches, masked cheat mods). Hardly touching into the fact that people complain when mcmmo is configured differently from 'default' settings and most people that come for mcmmo will leave if it's not at the defaults.

So I'm no longer in favor of that pile of crap.
Also, mcmmo is designed more for the PvP survival server, rather than an economy based one like ours. I think its just too much work.