Welcome to Minetown!
To join our community, please login or register!
Internet Explorer
Internet Explorer is not supported. Please upgrade to a more modern browser.

[Enjin Archive] Idea For Hiring New Mods
Started by [E] Danny

Do NOT take this the wrong way.

I am not suggesting more Mods but suggesting an idea for future consideration.
Well I had a nifty idea pop in my head a second ago so I decided to see what people think.

What I had in mind was using an election system in the form of a short 3 minute video. When you decide to hire a new staff members, select the 5 most potential candidates and have them make a video explaining why they think they should be given the opportunity to become a staff member. This will show how dedicated they are to making the commitment to become a staff member and could prove to be beneficial.

The original thought I had was having the public cast their votes and opinions, but after thinking for a second I rather just the staff review and decide lol

Any ways, this was just an idea for you guys to look at <object class="emojione" data="https://resources.enjin.com/1489581540/themes/core/images/emojione/svg/1f61b.svg?0" type="image/svg+xml" standby=":p">:p</object>

Danny~
First, way too much hassle for a game application.

Second, THat mean that all the candidate must know how to make a video and/or have video equipement

Really dont think it would work.
Do you want a mod that doesn't know how to use google to find the various free recording devices and how to use basic Windows Media Player? It doesn't have to be their voice, it could be text
And again.....Way too much of a hassle to be a mod in a game that it supossed to be for fun. What they know outside of minetown, im pretty sure we dont care.
lol, next up on Minetown idol.......
HAHA, how ironic. <object class="emojione" data="https://resources.enjin.com/1489581540/themes/core/images/emojione/svg/1f61b.svg?0" type="image/svg+xml" standby=":p">:p</object>
HOLD UP hey mrpink it would be a hassle thus seperating those who care enough to make the video from those who just want power. ppl who just want power wouldnt make the video where as asomeone whom it would matter too would
therefore your argument is invalid
Maybe invalid in your eye, but dont forget it a still a contruction game where the majority of the people are not even teen. If You are Caring enough to make a video for that, good for you. But a lot of people barely know how to use a Pc, Just enough to play the game.
*Chriss wrote:
HOLD UP hey mrpink it would be a hassle thus seperating those who care enough to make the video from those who just want power. ppl who just want power wouldnt make the video where as asomeone whom it would matter too would

Seriously? Im pretty sure there some will only want power and care enought for that. My point was that the current selection sytsem was good enough. Why the hell you would want to bring Video in this system? Youre not doing a job interview for the love of god.
Just make all the candidates do a test of courage, skill and wisdom.