Welcome to Minetown!
To join our community, please login or register!
Internet Explorer
Internet Explorer is not supported. Please upgrade to a more modern browser.

[Enjin Archive] Minetown is officially dying
Started by [E] a3modz2

Okay first off there are no one on the other server like 1 or 2 and we still keep the one's without people on it... Also there are no events anymore so minetown is boring... And that's it.
We host events on the event server quite often. If you don't like minetown there are plenty of servers out there for you to go find. No reason to sit here and complain about everything under the sun.

We are currently working on getting more PR out there, getting our name out there and getting more people. Some servers are being worked on and others are being improved. We're getting our numbers up slowly and sitting here complaining about it isn't doing any good.
Tbh Minetown is actually more in the process of being revived than dieing. Months ago we had way less players. The reason we have less players online is that because people are more interested in minigames rather than playing SMP, which i understand too. But like i said months ago things were worse and the staff is doing a great job. Just have patience, things will chance.
@1215969 wrote:
We host events on the event server quite often. If you don't like minetown there are plenty of servers out there for you to go find. No reason to sit here and complain about everything under the sun.

We are currently working on getting more PR out there, getting our name out there and getting more people. Some servers are being worked on and others are being improved. We're getting our numbers up slowly and sitting here complaining about it isn't doing any good.

Well hmph maybe make a thread saying there are events?.... How are we suppose to know there are events on the server if you don't post on the threads?
@785836 wrote:
Tbh Minetown is actually more in the process of being revived than dieing. Months ago we had way less players. The reason we have less players online is that because people are more interested in minigames rather than playing SMP, which i understand too. But like i said months ago things were worse and the staff is doing a great job. Just have patience, things will chance.

Nemenix - being revived? ha xD We use to have 100 members+ xD
We broadcast in game when events go down. At the moment they're all unofficial while event staff (which is very small at the moment) works on getting new events up.
@4434737 wrote:
Well hmph maybe make a thread saying there are events?.... How are we suppose to know there are events on the server if you don't post on the threads?

Forum section right here, bud. http://www.minetown.net/forum/m/672632/viewforum/411839
@4434737 wrote:
@1215969 wrote:

You have a point, but you are "living behind the times". I would say that many of Minetown's regular players (ingame) do not regularly use the forums (not enough to check for events). For this reason, staff who host events now tend to announce it ingame (a few minutes beforehand) to let the entire server know.

Trust me when I say, this is a better method for getting more players in events.
@4434737 wrote:
Okay first off there are no one on the other server like 1 or 2 and we still keep the one's without people on it...

Are you suggesting we remove all servers that don't constantly sustain 10 or more members? You might need to re-think your suggestions on that one.
@2901096 wrote:
@4434737 wrote:

Forum section right here, bud. http://www.minetown.net/forum/m/672632/viewforum/411839

I know but announce like nothing?
I just can't stop myself from laughing when I read these threads.

This is not official, this is not original, and you're diffinitely NOT the first one to tell us all that minetown is dying because we now have 80% less players than we had years ago, before minigames became the new black.

And yet we systain.

''Why?'', you might ask. Because we now have a 100% better community. A core that cares about the server and welcomes newcomers. Maybe that's why we've had a slight increase in online member count the past 6 months.
I wouldn't say that Minetown is dying, it gets a consistent 25 people on at peak. It just isn't a big server anymore. But that's just fine because the community is definitely better. Every time I log on I know most of the people online. Things like this makes the server really fun to be on. So pls don't be an idiot and say the server is dying.