Welcome to Minetown!
To join our community, please login or register!
Internet Explorer
Internet Explorer is not supported. Please upgrade to a more modern browser.

[Enjin Archive] Songs you like by artists you hate.
Started by [E] MutantMSTie

I was talking with my best friend today, and he made me realize something truly, truly horrible:

I don't hate Toby Keith as much as I thought I did.

I generally consider him THE douchebag of country music and one of the worst offenders of capitalizing on September 11th, but.......

BUT!

I grew up in Kentucky and I always heard this song on the radio when it first came out. For eight years I assumed that Alan Jackson did that song.

Then there is this next song, which utilizes my favorite chord progression and for which I didn't even bother thinking about the singer:

(I hate the official video, so enjoy a fanmade Smallville video)

I....I really like the same man who sang "The Taliban Song"? Nothing makes sense anymore!
This one is simple for me!!

I absolutely hate Lil' Wayne for the fact that people say he is better than Eminem.. I disagree (he probably didn't write this song this is why I like Eminem)

Just catchy to meh, but me im the country man... Id take country over anything (and im moving to the country hell yea!)

*edit*

777 post im feelin luckeh should go and gamble now!
Good one, Daniel. I don't like Lil' Wayne either but this is alright. I don't know how old you are, but I remember when he was just a little bitty thing and first becoming famous.

It's funny that you're the first person to post here, because your post in the "Music That Motivates You" thread is what spawned the conversation that spawned this thread.
Hmm that's a really hard subject for me.

I despise country (no offense to people who love it) which prolly has to do with the fact that I am a Kentucky boy xD...

I guess I could go with Green Day. I used to be a big fan until they came out with that horrid warning album. Still love old green day tho. <object class="emojione" data="https://resources.enjin.com/1489581540/themes/core/images/emojione/svg/1f61b.svg?0" type="image/svg+xml" standby=":p">:p</object>

Another Kentucky person? Ha! You joke must.

I am of the firm belief that a person raised in Kentucky (or other similar states where Country is force-fed to you) are going to love Kentucky on an almost erotic level, or hate it. I am mostly in the latter camp, but I do love the country I grew up with in the late 80's/early 90's.

As for Green Day, it's funny they ended up here (funny, not unexpected) because I think they are the other spectrum of September 11th bandwagon-jumping. For that I stopped liking them.

I do still loves me some "Hitchin' A Ride", though!

Hypocrite alert! I like "Wake Me Up When September Ends"