Welcome to Minetown!
To join our community, please login or register!
Internet Explorer
Internet Explorer is not supported. Please upgrade to a more modern browser.

[Enjin Archive] Do we need a NOOB protection plugin
Started by [E] null [1]

Recently I haven't been playing on Minetown at all. Due to Mojang releasing updates with less features (more stable however) less frequently, I haven't felt any urge to play. Also I haven't been fulfilling my rolls as a developer, because our Staff were getting the new server running. Finally however, we have the server running, and we can focus on providing optimum player experience.

One of the possibly most annoying things on Minetown, is NOOBS. People who come onto the server, ask FAQ, don't read the rules and then end up breaking them sometimes.

A while back, I was asked to create an FAQ plugin, to allow users to get answers to FAQ's, through a command. With all the server installation, this plugin was created, and quickly forgotten. I would like to bump the staff and the Minetown community, to evaluate if we still need this plugin.

You can view the wiki here for more info (Sorry for the formatting, I have to fix this)

I was also wondering if the Minetown community would like to suggest any plugin ideas for resolving/preventing our NOOB problems.

Thanks, Liamz
if they ask "HOW DO I UNGUEST" it's INSTABAN MUAHAHHAHA

no this is pretty helpfull sounding, and if they're a guest every time they connect they get the message
I don't think you can prevent those named from joining minetown, you can just tempban or ban them, if they break the rules.

I personaly don't think that they would use this plugin, but I could be wrong.

However, I don't think that it's needed anymore, since the people we are speaking about, would not use it, since they don't care.

Maybe a plugin that states the main rules would be good.

You could type in /rules and the most important rules pop up on your screen.

People will never want to read the whole FAQ or rules board, So I think it should just be made shorter for them.

But that are just my thoughts <object class="emojione" data="https://resources.enjin.com/1489581540/themes/core/images/emojione/svg/1f61b.svg?0" type="image/svg+xml" standby=":p">:p</object>
I'm a noob, but I've read everything on here to try and UN-noob myself. I personally would enjoy a nice FAQ command. <object class="emojione" data="https://resources.enjin.com/1489581540/themes/core/images/emojione/svg/1f600.svg?0" type="image/svg+xml" standby=":d">:d</object>